Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone seen any bargains for Crates of beer? I've had a look in Dunnes, they don't even seem to be selling beer by the case.
    Tesco didn't have any great deals on.

I drank Bavaria beer when I was at Sea Sessions in Bundoran earlier in the summer and it's not too bad when drunk warm (heaps better than Carlsberg/Bud/Heineken variants). Dunnes are doing 8 cans for €8.99. I'm planning on bringing a slab of them with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'd say Dunnes will try do the 24 tuborg for 20 quid like they did for oxegen, I grabbed mine when it was that and hid it in my bros for ep ha, also argos have a 6 man 2 room tent for 67 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Anybody done Advance volunteering at the festival before? If so what do you actually do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

Anyone found any bargains for a 4/6 man tent yet?

Amazon.co.uk is the way to go for bargains on the tents. They have some great deals and they'll ship it for free it is more than £25 which a tent will be :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

gazzer wrote: »
    That is going to be one of the highlights for me. Cant wait to see them

I saw them at Life Festival this year. They were brilliant.

I have never seen two DJs giving it socks as much as they were to their music. Absolutely class!

Rumour has it that Laurent Garnier is closing on Sunday night at the main stage which will also be one hell of a whopper set!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Edwardedward

its my first time to the picnic and i need some help

does anyone know if u can bring in glass bottles of rum into the campsites somebody said something about glass to me recently i know that there are issues brining stuff into the site itesled but i just wanted to drink some rum and coke at the myhab area thats where im staying

also can u bring in bottles of coke with rum in it into the site itslef????

please help???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

Pour everything into plastic bottles and you'll be fine. You won't get into the campsite with glass bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

its my first time to the picnic and i need some help

does anyone know if u can bring in glass bottles of rum into the campsites somebody said something about glass to me recently i know that there are issues brining stuff into the site itesled but i just wanted to drink some rum and coke at the myhab area thats where im staying

also can u bring in bottles of coke with rum in it into the site itslef????

please help???

I think you're not allowed glass bottles in the camp site. I'm planning on tipping a litre of Morgan Spice into a plastic bottle. And then just bringing a 2 litre bottle of coke (will be nice and strong :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Edwardedward

thanks for speedy answers.....think ill take ur advice and put ol captain morgain into a plastic bottle and bring lots of coke.....whats the story with bringing bottle of coke and rum(normal coke bottles half coke and half rum) into the actual festival area itself do they search u etc

also are u searched going in to the place overall
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

thanks for speedy answers.....think ill take ur advice and put ol captain morgain into a plastic bottle and bring lots of coke.....whats the story with bringing bottle of coke and rum(normal coke bottles half coke and half rum) into the actual festival area itself do they search u etc

You're not allowed bring alcohol into the arena. Hide your drink down the back of your waistband or in your wellies if there's enough room. You'll probably get a pat down, and if they're thorough they'll find it. It's hit and miss, really
    Generally they'll give your bag a very quick search, little more than glance, to see if you're carrying glass bottles or weapons. Occasionally they'll give a more rigourous search; I'm not sure if this is based on appearance or if it's purely random. If you have anything you really don't want them to find, wrap it up well and bury it deep in your bag ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Pretend to be on your mobile phone, they'll usually just wave you through. Of course, now the secret is out so they'll probably sting you good and proper!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

this time next week,well all be getting the final touches to head down for the best festival in ireland

littleman wrote: »
    this time next week,well all be getting the final touches to head down for the best festival in ireland
    Life Festival's on again next weekend?? :D

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Life Festival's on again next weekend?? :D

ive been looking forward to this since i booked my ticket during the pre sale now that its soooooo close it going to be amizing,hopefully we get no scumbags like i heard that were there last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

...and dont forget to Come Visit us On Arcadia, will be some special treats in store and also i can confirm Lords of Lightning will be in Full effect :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtphoegxQLU

44701_149361595090837_100000509926356_400877_8252005_n.jpg

SoulRock wrote: »
    ...and dont forget to Come Visit us On Arcadia, will be some special treats in store and also i can confirm Lords of Lightning will be in Full effect :)

oh i know bout ya's,this is my third year so im well aware of you lot

hopefully we get no scumbags like i heard that were there last year
    Not really. There were a few, er, salt of the earth types I suppose, but they mostly kept to themselves and I didn't see any trouble. I think some people are oversensitive, and their festival experience can be ruined by the very sight of someone in a tracksuit.

Not really. There were a few, er, salt of the earth types I suppose, but they mostly kept to themselves and I didn't see any trouble. I think some people are oversensitive, and their festival experience can be ruined by the very sight of someone in a tracksuit.

To be perfectly honest, having been and worked at the picnic over the years, i never saw too many so called 'heads' and i think that this festival has a lot less trouble makers at it than most, of course you'll get the odd idiot causing trouble, to which i'd have no hesitations in reporting it there and then, dont think that someone else will do it... we did a 24/7 party in one of the campsites at Oxegen this year with B.Y.E and although we had zero trouble i did hear of some bad stuff going on, but thats what security are for, to make sure the Ordinary decent festival goer gets to Enjoy a fantastic few days.. and those that are there to cause trouble, it wont be tolerated..

Cant wait for this years Picnic and the promise of good weather makes it all the better!!

As well as Arcadia Come visit Us also at B.Y.E (beside Global Green) maybe some free cans of Heineken to be had if you get involved :)
    Peace

from what i was reading on the ep websites forums,ppl are saying that oscar wilde camp site should be a no go area cause of the amount of stuff been robbed and after my gf reading that shes a little worried even tho this will be her second year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

the lords of lighting looked epic at glastonbury really looking forward to seeing them

• Advertisement

the lords of lighting looked epic at glastonbury really looking forward to seeing them

Yea its some spectacle alright!! So the weather Forecast is Clear, but with the Promise of Lightning* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

having read so mucha bout wilde being horrible last year i think i am the luckiest person of all that went, i had zero trouble, seen zero trouble and had lovely neighbours to boot.

recyclops wrote: »
    having read so mucha bout wilde being horrible last year i think i am the luckiest person of all that went, i had zero trouble, seen zero trouble and had lovely neighbours to boot.

thats what you want,i was the same in 07,08

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

anyone know if 2 many djs/soulwax will be playing? they've played every year so far so it will be unusual not to have them there. i know they are playing in belfast soon, so maybe they might announce it after that gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody know if I would be stopped bringing a flag(+poll) into the venue???
    Or would it be considered a "weapon"? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

from what i was reading on the ep websites forums,ppl are saying that oscar wilde camp site should be a no go area cause of the amount of stuff been robbed and after my gf reading that shes a little worried even tho this will be her second year

Stayed in Oscar Wilde last year... no trouble at all, loads of room around our tents and nice neighbours...

Nothing got robbed on us or anyone near us, and I even got loads of sleep as well, twas grand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭pah

I found last year the best thing to do was hide someting in your waist band on your side or back and drink a tinny on the way in

Then stand where they have the bins and finish it off as they wave you through
    make it look like its the last drink youre ever gonna have and fire the empty can in the binas you walk past

Worked a treat for me every day :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭pah

To be perfectly honest, having been and worked at the picnic over the years, i never saw too many so called 'heads' and i think that this festival has a lot less trouble makers at it than most, of course you'll get the odd idiot causing trouble, to which i'd have no hesitations in reporting it there and then, dont think that someone else will do it... we did a 24/7 party in one of the campsites at Oxegen this year with B.Y.E and although we had zero trouble i did hear of some bad stuff going on, but thats what security are for, to make sure the Ordinary decent festival goer gets to Enjoy a fantastic few days.. and those that are there to cause trouble, it wont be tolerated..

Cant wait for this years Picnic and the promise of good weather makes it all the better!!

As well as Arcadia Come visit Us also at B.Y.E (beside Global Green) maybe some free cans of Heineken to be had if you get involved :)
    Peace

I think the full weekend ticket discourages some of the "heads"

Definitely not as troublesome as some of the Saturday day-trippers @ oxegen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

^Annoying you have to pay for that app, I have a few festival apps and they were all free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

tribit wrote: »
    This is a must have APP before you are heading to the event. Search it on itune now .........

Just letting people know, this user has been banned as they were advertising their own app. I severely doubt it is the official EP app so i'd suggest not downloading it.

Advertisement