Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey guys. If one wants to sleep and not be too far away from main areas which is the best campsite to be in? The other half finds it hard to sleep if there is any noise....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey guys. If one wants to sleep and not be too far away from main areas which is the best campsite to be in? The other half finds it hard to sleep if there is any noise....
    i've one of them indoors too - try earplugs and the quiet campsite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Ok so I've been told that it's around a 20 minute walk into Stradbally from the festival but I'm just wondering what's in Stradbally. Is there an off licence and pub? Any supermarket with cheap booze? I'm bringing most of my booze with me but I don't want to go carrying cans if I can get them in an offlicence or supermarket there. I'm guessing they'll be around the same price and it'll save me having to lug them onto the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Been to Slane and stuff years back, but can you make this gig on a day-by-day basis? Like is there secure parking anywhere near the site or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

I'm sooooo Fupping raging I can't go!

AAAAgghghhhh:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused:confused::confused::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I predict a hangover this time next week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

moonflower wrote: »
    Ok so I've been told that it's around a 20 minute walk into Stradbally from the festival but I'm just wondering what's in Stradbally. Is there an off licence and pub? Any supermarket with cheap booze? I'm bringing most of my booze with me but I don't want to go carrying cans if I can get them in an offlicence or supermarket there. I'm guessing they'll be around the same price and it'll save me having to lug them onto the bus.

There is a couple of pubs alright and a small supermarket. I'd imagine they would have loads of special offers on booze for that weekend to try and attract as much passing custom as they can but I can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

there is also a great little pub on the left half way down the town on the left called ramsbottoms, good spot to watch the cats win the hurling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Weather aint looking great :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

bryaner wrote: »
    Weather aint looking great :(

link?

I guess I need wellies so?

I can only find 5 day forecast and it looks nice,
    at least there hasnt been so much rain leading up to it like last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ergo

anywhere in the site showing either the Ireland vs Armenia soccer match (Friday 4.30pm) or the All Ireland Hurling Final on the sunday?

bit of a trek into the town to watch, especially on the Friday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

link?

Here, don't look too bad.
    ergo wrote: »
    anywhere in the site showing either the Ireland vs Armenia soccer match (Friday 4.30pm) or the All Ireland Hurling Final on the sunday?

bit of a trek into the town to watch, especially on the Friday evening

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

hey ... this mite be a silly question but il ask it anyway

1)are you allowed disposable bbqs in the campsite

2)are you allowed them out in the car park

i was thinking of bringn a few rashers and sausages for the morning to save a few quid , id use it out in the car park no bother

i seen ppl wit dem at oxegen last year any one?

link?

http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:EIXX0038&q=Portlaoise,+IRL+forecast:tenday

Actually looks a bit better now ground should be fairly dry, passing showers I'd say and hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I am properly excited now. Cannot wait.

Staying in this weekend so i'll be itching to go next week!

Saturday nights at home are strange!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

delaad wrote: »
    Been to Slane and stuff years back, but can you make this gig on a day-by-day basis? Like is there secure parking anywhere near the site or what?

Plenty of parking around. going in and out myself. Usually it's handy enough.

As for the games its only a short walk to the village, if you look at the map, right where it says 'stradbally main st' there is a couple of pubs just there. They'll be showing the hurling because it's in Laois and they are thinking of taking up the sport.! ;-p .......thinking.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

there is also a great little pub on the left half way down the town on the left called ramsbottoms, good spot to watch the cats win the hurling

woohoo, I'll remember that place so. I have a ticket for Croke Park that Sunday but I'm not sure if my mind and body will be up to it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

This year is my first time going to EP (or any festival :eek: ) but I'm going with a friend who has different taste in music than me, I know there's no point in really talking about it till the times are announced but would splitting up be a bad idea?

I mean, how big is it? Would we be able to find eachother easily if we went to different things? I know phones often don't work at big events and I'm a little bit worried about it 'cause I don't want to think I've spent €240 to see loads of acts that I won't enjoy! :o:p

illiop wrote: »
    This year is my first time going to EP (or any festival :eek: ) but I'm going with a friend who has different taste in music than me, I know there's no point in really talking about it till the times are announced but would splitting up be a bad idea?

I mean, how big is it? Would we be able to find eachother easily if we went to different things? I know phones often don't work at big events and I'm a little bit worried about it 'cause I don't want to think I've spent €240 to see loads of acts that I won't enjoy! :o:p

LCD soundsystem, Massive attack,Orbital, Redneck Manifesto just to name those, no matter what age you are you will enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I got a voicemail from Body and Soul today going on about me bringing up tickets or something tomorrow to electric picnic?! wtf! I didn't say I'd work there this year. Hope I wasn't supposed to be doing anything important! Didn't bother ringing back, it's an English number.

Kinda wish I could go though. Love that festival. Love seeing it being set up. But oh well, I'm moving to Germany in 2 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

might seem like a stupid question, but im just wondering about the 'quiet campsite' exactly how 'quiet' does one have to be? I mean obviously you wouldnt be about to play music all night but what are the limits, anyone any expereince with it?

foolelle wrote: »
    might seem like a stupid question, but im just wondering about the 'quiet campsite' exactly how 'quiet' does one have to be? I mean obviously you wouldnt be about to play music all night but what are the limits, anyone any expereince with it?

just make sure you breathe through your noise and don't do anything silly like walk in flip flops

Time to get carried away now,

so whats the plan? do we need to bring wellies?
    anyone have any other non-obvious suggestions?
    anyone have their day plans ready yet?
    I'm still very much in getting into new band mode so haven't decided yet

not even sure what drink I will be drinking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

last year the lgbt or so tent showed the ireland game, i fell asleep during it haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fear na gCrub

Thinking of going to the picnic but will wait 'til I see what the weather prospects are (must be gettin' old). Is it possible to buy a ticket online on Thursday and collect it at the venue or do all tickets have to come in the post?

Time to get carried away now,

so whats the plan? do we need to bring wellies?
    anyone have any other non-obvious suggestions?
    anyone have their day plans ready yet?
    I'm still very much in getting into new band mode so haven't decided yet

not even sure what drink I will be drinking ;)

Always good to bring wellies!!!!

Aldi have these tarpaulin sheets that are pretty big so we're going buying a few that we can tie up between tents. If it rains then, we can booze away outdoors but still be sheltered.

Alot cheaper than a gazebo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Aldi selling them at the moment?

madmoe wrote: »
    Aldi selling them at the moment?

I just got one there about half an hour ago.

They are 4 metres X 3 metres so pretty big and only €6.99.

It is well worth it and good quality as well so it'll hopefully serve as a great shelter for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

AnonMous wrote: »
    .... it'll hopefully serve as a great shelter for us....

Hopefully you won't need it :)

Advertisement