Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

AnonMous wrote: »
    There is a couple of pubs alright and a small supermarket. I'd imagine they would have loads of special offers on booze for that weekend to try and attract as much passing custom as they can but I can't say for sure.

Cheers, I'll probably just wait to get beers til I get there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

AnonMous wrote: »
    I just got one there about half an hour ago.

They are 4 metres X 3 metres so pretty big and only €6.99.

It is well worth it and good quality as well so it'll hopefully serve as a great shelter for us.

Could this be used as a ground sheet too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

madmoe wrote: »
    Could this be used as a ground sheet too?

Ground sheet for a tent? Ya, they are actually thicker and more durable than the ground sheet of a tent. It'd be perfect inside a tipi or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone know where to get a cheap tent to keep me dry for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Potatofarl

your better off with a solar charger i for one wudnt pay a fiver to charge my phone.cant wait now got ticket today.LEFTFIELD BRING THE NOISE:cool:

Where exactly do ya get solar chargers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

quarryman wrote: »

if you are around the south east of the country then there is a place just outside of new ross on the waterford road, i think its called camping crazy that already had decent deals on quite good tents, will deffo keep you dry for the weekend even in the worst of rain. if ya haggle a little then ya get it at an even better price. we got a good deal on 2 tents a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

dunnes have tents for €20 they do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Got a decent 2 map "pop up" tent in 55 degrees North Carrickmines for €26.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

soph! wrote: »
    dunnes have tents for €20 they do the job

Argos have the pop up tents for 17.99. They are showing them on the system for 27.99 but they are in thier sale flier for 17.99, so bring it up to the counter when you are getting one. Solid 2000mm lining :D

Argos have the pop up tents for 17.99. They are showing them on the system for 27.99 but they are in thier sale flier for 17.99, so bring it up to the counter when you are getting one. Solid 2000mm lining :D

Thanks. Are they actually any good though? Seemed to get some poor reviews by Glastonbury go-ers here . Seems it acts like a sponge in the presence of water....

• Advertisement

Cheers. Set up my tent last night, maybe a little bit on the small size but defo need something like this underneath the tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Bought my ticket a good while back in the knowledge that a few of my friends were going too...but alas they are not now!! so looks like ill be going on me own...:( im a bit disappointed but i think it should be great anyway..wat do people think?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Bought my ticket a good while back in the knowledge that a few of my friends were going too...but alas they are not now!! so looks like ill be going on me own...:( im a bit disappointed but i think it should be great anyway..wat do people think?

We had a lad beside us last year on his own. We named him the badger. Had great craic with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

I bet it will end up being the best weekend ever man. No waiting around for other people. It'll force you to make new friends etc. I'd definitely go if my friends weren't, it'll be a blast!

I might bump into you actually! Happy Picnic!

i'm in the same boat (sorta). There should be a separate campsite for us loners. :)

The Badger Campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i'm in the same boat (sorta). There should be a separate campsite for us loners. :)

The Badger Campsite.

in the same boat also, none of my crew could afford this year, but i'm not gonna miss it for them.

know a few heads going down, so will eventually meet some crew, but quite looking forward to setting up me tent on me own and doing everything at me own pace.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The Badger Campsite.

AKA The Sett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

Having decided to slum it with the huddled masses in the normal camping I must get my ticket. What kind of handling fee/service charge is levied for over the counter ticket sales in one of the ticketmaster outlets?

Also, anyone seen any deals in the supermarkets for decent cheap booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

ah ya, no way im going to miss it now...at least it will force me to get out and enjoy it maybe more than I would have!

Ive heard nothing but good about EP(never been) so it shouldnt be a problem...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im planning to be there for around midday on Friday. Hope the weather is good for it.

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    Im planning to be there for around midday on Friday. Hope the weather is good for it.

Forecast is rain. :(

Someone mentioned on the EP forums that only 2 mm of rain is forecasted each day so that's not too bad.

Keep on praying to jebus or whatever!

PS

Found it: Looks to be 6.6 mm on saturday nite

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=EUR;IE;EI011;STRADBALLY;&metric=1&fday=6

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

let's not get pessimistic yet on the weather.

we've got the high pressure till saturday. It's then things will change. Probably start with the odd light shower Saturday and then some rain on Sunday. Not a monsoon anyway.. i guess you would take that

http://weather.unisys.com/ecmwf/ecmwf_500p_4panel_eur.html

we'll have a better idea on Wednesday i guess. With the stage times and reliable weather forecast we'll be finding out a lot that day.

Ok so, excluding the following, please name 5 other acts I should check out over the weekend:

The National
    LCD soundsystem
    Massive Attack
    Leftfield
    Mumford and Sons
    Hot Chip
    Modest Mouse

Arcadia
    Robyn
    Imelda May

all the 'F's..

Foals, Friendly Fires & Fever Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Juan Atkins
    Gil Scott Heron
    Kormac's Big Band
    Oddsocks Revival

Oh and dont go see Hot Chip.

• Advertisement

Oh and dont go see Hot Chip.

Dont be like that, there'll be plenty of room in the tent for everyone :cool:

Advertisement