Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a waterproof tent that wont break the bank ?

This tent is ideal:

http://www.outdooradventurestore.ie/products/tents/festival_tents/alpha_300-1741.html

Shop around though as you may get a better price elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

AnonMous wrote: »
    Once the excitement rolls around, the butterflies in your tummy will scare that bug off so you'll be grand!

I'm pretty sure you can only buy cans in the slab of 24 in the off licence on site. A slab is €60 which is only good value if you are a cider drinker!

Sound, i reckon i'll get my cans before hand so.
    As for feeling sick, yeah i'll get over it. 2 yrs since ive been and really looking forward to it. And this time i have the whole week off after it so i can die then lol!

Weather dosent look too bad either. Maybe, just maybe there is a God after all....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a waterproof tent that wont break the bank ?

http://www.millets.co.uk/camping/tents/1-2-person-tents/product/091477.html

Got this one in Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

weather not looking too good folks, which would ye recommend, water proof leggings or a poncho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Saturday is not looking too good http://www.met.ie/forecasts/ :( Bring wet gear :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

weather not looking too good folks, which would ye recommend, water proof leggings or a poncho?

I recommend a rain jacket, waterproof leggings and a poncho, might seem like overkill but it's the only way to keep dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

threein99 wrote: »
    Saturday is not looking too good http://www.met.ie/forecasts/ :( Bring wet gear :rolleyes:

Balls to that....at least the ground will be well dry in the lead up to the festival

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Balls to that....at least the ground will be well dry in the lead up to the festival

Yea it shouldnt be anything like last year, fecking typical Irish weather its gonna be sunny all week up to Friday :rolleyes:

Any sign of an EP app? An official one, not one some yodeler is charging for?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

anyone got stage times / clashfinder of sorts yet?

• Advertisement

anyone got stage times / clashfinder of sorts yet?

Not due out until tomorrow, it's gonna be clash central!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

weather won't be too bad. We'll get rain late on friday and early saturday but scattered showers for the rest.

We'll be fine. i find focusing on the weather too much can take away from the build up buzz. You then look back and think 'what the hell was i worrying about'.

This dry week will do wonders for the ground too. it's not going to be as bad as that saturday at Oxegen. that's a bonus.

weather won't be too bad. We'll get rain late on friday and early saturday but scattered showers for the rest.

We'll be fine. i find focusing on the weather too much can take away from the build up buzz. You then look back and think 'what the hell was i worrying about'.

This dry week will do wonders for the ground too. it's not going to be as bad as that saturday at Oxegen. that's a bonus.

good point, i tend to get hung up on the weather and once I'm in the middle of having fun (and possibly drunk) I look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i was in an outdoor shop this morning and asked the chap for three pairs of the warmest socks he had?
    'ah that'll be the himalaya sock' he said '96 euro please'
    needless to say the himalaya socks are still hanging in the shop

longshanks wrote: »
    i was in an outdoor shop this morning and asked the chap for three pairs of the warmest socks he had?
    'ah that'll be the himalaya sock' he said '96 euro please'
    needless to say the himalaya socks are still hanging in the shop

holy fcuk! Insane. Get yourself a few pairs of football socks, thick and long, should do the job to keep you warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pat.Kenny

Anyone know what the craic is with showers at EP? Is it a communal "wear your swimwear" job or small individual ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mooeamonn

Scoops wrote: »
    Not due out until tomorrow, it's gonna be clash central!!

I did up a clashfinder which contains most of the currently known info (still need the main stage, electric arena etc). I'll keep updating it as I find more. You'll find it here

http://www.clashfindergeneral.co.uk/l/ep2010/

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Clashfinder General, welcome to EP!

Stellar work on Glastonbury.

someone give that man a free EP ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi guys,
    Anyone know if the line up and times etc. are available anywhere in PDF format that can be printed out? Checked main site but could not see anything.....

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

That question was asked, and answered, just a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Anyone know if the line up and times etc. are available anywhere in PDF format that can be printed out? Checked main site but could not see anything.....

Cheers,
    M

tomorrow all q's will be answered.

Can someone reccommend some decent moderately priced water proof gear ? The stuff I have is ****

Can someone reccommend some decent moderately priced water proof gear ? The stuff I have is ****

Get a poncho. They will not cause you to sweat like a rapist and are easy to throw on/off.

Get a poncho. They will not cause you to sweat like a rapist and are easy to throw on/off.

Like those ones they give out for free ?

Like those ones they give out for free ?

You can buy more heavy duty ones that wont rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm volunteering and have to be there on the Thursday, anyone know the best way to get there? I don't think busses are running yet and I can't drive...

Pat.Kenny wrote: »
    Anyone know what the craic is with showers at EP? Is it a communal "wear your swimwear" job or small individual ones?

Communal. As I learned after about an hour of queueing. I *think* you can pay for private ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Piste wrote: »
    I'm volunteering and have to be there on the Thursday, anyone know the best way to get there? I don't think busses are running yet and I can't drive...

Train to Portlaoise and then a taxi?

If you try over on the Electric Picnic forum you might find other volunteers in the same boat that you might be able to team up with.

• Advertisement

That's a good idea, thanks :)

Advertisement