Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Would love to see Everything Everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Would love to see Everything Everything!

That's just being greedy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Check out Bestival on around the same time - could be some clues re Electric Picnic lineup

http://www.bestival.net/artists/2010-lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Check out Bestival on around the same time - could be some clues re Electric Picnic lineup

http://www.bestival.net/artists/2010-lineup

Roxy Music perhaps? I'd bet my balls on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lilyface

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if someone might be able to help me. Myself and the other half are thinking of heading to EP this sept with our little fella. we have the chance to bring a campervan however from last years festival layout the campervan area appears to be separate from the family camping area.
    Is it possible to bring a camper van to the family area?.. it would be nice to be around other families with small kids.
    thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Q: My wife & I would like to bring our children, where is the best place to camp?
    A: We have a designated Family Campsite, ensure you buy a Family ticket for each adult. Children are free. Click here to register your details and we will send you out a Family Guideline booklet closer to the time.

Camping Questions

* Q: Can I park my car beside my tent?
    A: No, vehicles aren't permitted into any of the campsites for health & safety reasons.
    * Q: What facilities are there? Will there be showers?
    A: There are hot showers, wash basins and toilets. Their location will be shown on the festival map which will be available online closer to the time. Note: showers are communal, the bashful amongst you should bring swimwear!
    * Q: My wife & I would like to bring our children, where is the best place to camp?
    A: We have a designated Family Campsite, ensure you buy a Family ticket for each adult. Children are free. Click here to register your details and we will send you out a Family Guideline booklet closer to the time.
    * Q: Are there any alternative options to staying in a tent?
    A: There is a limited selection of beach huts, tipis & yurts available to hire. Click here to find out more.
    * Q: Is there any campsite you would recommend for someone who wants to get a good night’s sleep!?
    A: Yes there is a Quiet Campsite. Its location will be shown on the festival map which will be available online closer to the time. Watch out for signposts on arrival.
    * Q: Can I bring a Campervan?
    Yes. You will require a campervan ticket for the campervan. And each person travelling in it must also have a separate event ticket. Please note Campervan tickets are now sold out. Also note, ordinary commercial vans of any type will not be permitted so please do not purchase a Campervan ticket for anything other than a proper campervan. We would define this as having its own in-built kitchen facilities and toilet.
    * Q: Does everyone who wants to enter the Campervan area also need to buy a campervan ticket for themselves?
    A: No, only one campervan ticket is required per campervan, after that anyone traveling with it or using it just needs a standard weekend ticket, which will be exchanged for a wristband on arrival.
    * Q: Can I park a trailer tent in the Campervan park instead of a Campervan?
    A. Yes you can.
    * Q: Can I bring a caravan?
    A: Yes, you can park caravan into campervan park once it is within the size restriction of 7x7metres. Once it is positioned you will need to park car in Car Park. A campervan ticket will need to be purchased for caravan.
    * Q: Can I park a commercial style van (hiace, transit, etc) in the campervan park if I have a Campervan ticket.
    A: Sorry no, only proper purpose built campervans & caravans will be permitted.
    * Q. Can I bring a generator for my campervan?
    A: You are permitted to bring a small diesel generator. Petrol generators are not permitted.
    * Q: Can I have my Campervan hooked up to electric power?
    A: There is no facility to hook up your campervan to electric power sorry
    * Q: Can I pitch a tent beside my campervan?
    A: Tents cannot be pitched in the Campervan Park for health & safety reasons.
    * Q: Can I leave my car hitched to caravan?
    A: No, you will have to unhitch your car from the caravan and park it in
    general car park for duration of festival
    * Q: What washing facilities are there? Will there be showers?
    A: There is running water, toilets & chemical waste disposal facilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ballygowan

Hey guys,

Thought i'd start a new thread as it's coming close to launch day of Electric Picnic 2010 on the 24th of march!!

Has anyone heard any rumours of whos headlining?!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Leftfield

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lilyface

thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

emtroche wrote: »
    Leftfield

REALLY??!? :eek:

• Advertisement

That's from the FAQ on their site.

Black Friday
    Gil Scott Herron
    Horse Meat Disco
    Ka Tet
    Mighty Atomics
    The Revenge
    Field music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

penexpers wrote: »
    Bestival is a wonderful, wonderful festival. Highly recommended, much better than EP.

line up is quite tastey this year but i presume the picnic gets a similiar line up?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pokerface2010

where is the best place to book a room for this without the hassle of travelling?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

where is the best place to book a room for this without the hassle of travelling?

Stradbally. (I figured this out be reading the address)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I reckon it will be similiar to the bestival festival...so expect roxy music,LCD sound system, flamin lips and tricky
    hannable80 wrote: »
    Any one got any gossip on who could be on the line up... I recon that there could be more dance acts as they are generaly cheaper than bands...hopefull not at there was alot more scobes at it this year than in past in my opinion !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Scien wrote: »
    I met Marcus Mumford on middle abbey st. today. Asked him could he get me in tonight but he couldn't sort me out. I said I'd see him in Oxegen so and he said "and the electric picnic."
    So there's an exclusive for ye folks..

That's great news, still for both festivals i'd imagine they will be on one of the bigger stages. Tonights gig would be awesome, if only I could have got a ticket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd say some of the lineup will be announced on 24th of March as that's when the site for 2010 is launched.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I reckon it will be similiar to the bestival festival...so expect roxy music,LCD sound system, flamin lips and tricky

I have a feeling Doves will be playing.

Tricky's 15 year anniversary of Maxinaquaye is this year do you could be right about him. Flaming Lips again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Im having a major problem with ticketmaster at the moment, Im trying to snap up an earlybird before the major announcement, when they end. My problem being that I live in Scotland and Im having problems buying a ticket for EP. I dont know if its something to do with my IP, but everytime I select Find tickets, it takes me to the EP page but the rest of it under Onsale Now is left blank???? Having talked with someone on the EP forum, he showed me a screen shot of his page from ticketmaster.ie which had the missing details filled in that wasnt on my page. I am defaulted with ticketmaster.ie, but my address reads Scotland on the same page. What am I doing wrong and how do I get taht relevant info to purchase a ticket. I tried the credit card hotlines which dont really work on Skype andhave tried seetickets.com which doesnt even recognise Irish festivals??? Someone help me please.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Im having a major problem with ticketmaster at the moment, Im trying to snap up an earlybird before the major announcement, when they end. My problem being that I live in Scotland and Im having problems buying a ticket for EP. I dont know if its something to do with my IP, but everytime I select Find tickets, it takes me to the EP page but the rest of it under Onsale Now is left blank???? Having talked with someone on the EP forum, he showed me a screen shot of his page from ticketmaster.ie which had the missing details filled in that wasnt on my page. I am defaulted with ticketmaster.ie, but my address reads Scotland on the same page. What am I doing wrong and how do I get taht relevant info to purchase a ticket. I tried the credit card hotlines which dont really work on Skype andhave tried seetickets.com which doesnt even recognise Irish festivals??? Someone help me please.

You using Internet Explorer? Try changing security settings or use Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Do the early bird tickets get posted when you order them or is there a set date when they get distributed? I ordered mine a few weeks back and there is no sign. Slightly worried as An Post have let me down recently with a few packages (bills seem to get to me fine though :()

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

but everytime I select Find tickets, it takes me to the EP page but the rest of it under Onsale Now is left blank????

Pre 10.5 versions of Opera have the bug you are describing. Upgrade or right click and select open with another installed browser.

edit: Saw you said on the EP forums that you tried IE and Firefox... eh I got nothing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Haroldscross

Yeah 2manyDJs and Chemical Bros would be great. As said earlier there needs to be something there to attract the older crowd and dont go too main stream to try and keep the scroats away.

Personally myself Id like to see Imelda May again. Imelda May and 2manyDJs where my 2 favorite acts from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Berks

Just got a sudden flush of excitement about EP launching in 5 days I think?
    Some artists I would love to see at the festival:

Broken Bells
    Phoenix
    Laura Marling
    Flaming Lips & Passion pit - yes again, highlights last year
    Frightened Rabbit
    Yeasayer
    Fionn Regan
    Super Extra Bonus Party

Thats off top of my head but don't see why any of the above couldn't be included :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just heard an ad on 2fm for electric Picnic tickets going on sale in March.
    Could be clues in what music they played massive attack mumford and sons and imelda may. There might have been others i just didnt fully pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Flaming Lips again?

Please god no!! Loved them when they replaced the White Stripes at Oxegen years ago. It's just been a worse version of the same show each time and Wayne Coyne and his verbal diarrhea...

So yes, I will not be going to see them should they play.
    Do the early bird tickets get posted when you order them or is there a set date when they get distributed? I ordered mine a few weeks back and there is no sign. Slightly worried as An Post have let me down recently with a few packages (bills seem to get to me fine though :()

They get posted at a later date. It could be months away.

I think the EP earlybird works the same as RockNess 's tickets, they get posted from two weeks to up to five days before the event. I got that sorted in the end securing my EP earlybird I ended up going to my flatmate who 's ticketmaster page loaded just fine, it must be a software or java problem with my configuration, that is causing the page to go blank. The idiots at ticketmaster, I emailed them my problem and they replied that earlybird tickets had sold out, hence, why I was getting blank page. That was when I went to the flatmate and got the ticket. Ticketmaster is not very helpful when it is software issues directly affecting your PC.

• Advertisement

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    After seeing Leftfield mentioned here, I pulled out their CDs and put them on my iPod. Hadn't listened to Leftism in about 10 years. I was after forgeting how good that album is. Would love to see them at EP. They've announced more dates now after Rockness, so I'd say there is a good chance. Fingers crossed.

There's a few others mentioned in the thread I'd like to see as well.
    The Chemical Brothers have announced a couple of festival dates, would be great to see them live.

Bat For Lashes (after her no show last year), Massive Attack & Editors would be good too.

Others that weren't mentioned yet that I'd like:
    Delphic,
    Yeasayer,
    Hot Chip &
    Friendly Fires

Leftfield announced that they are only doing four festival appearances this year, RockNess, Bennicassim and Boardmasters have so far being announced. So there is one more date to be announced, apparently Arcadia offered them a DJ spot on their stage at Glasto, but the group asked for a large sum of money and Arcadia refused, so it looks like Glasto is ruled out.
    All we can do is hope they are not announced for main stage at Glasto or Bestival for that matter, maybe EP will secure them for the 24th March announcement.

Advertisement