Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Does anyone know of anywhere doing special offers on Budweiser?

I know loads of people are gonna slate me and compare it to goats piss, but I love it:cool:

Do you live near the border?

Me and the GF did the run to Asda during the week 105 cans, bottle of Jager, Morgans Spice, and a heap of other WKD and cocktail drinks etc came to around €100. you cannot beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Does anyone know of anywhere doing special offers on Budweiser?

I know loads of people are gonna slate me and compare it to goats piss, but I love it:cool:

Your not alone there lol! Tesco( hate the muthas) were doing 12 for 18 euro last week.
    Prefare coke size cans for festivals myself. Beer stays fresher that little bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Roxy Music and PiL, both would be the main draws for me and they clash.

Main stage lineup on Saturday is god awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

danniemcq wrote: »
    Do you live near the border?

Me and the GF did the run to Asda during the week 105 cans, bottle of Jager, Morgans Spice, and a heap of other WKD and cocktail drinks etc came to around €100. you cannot beat that!

Afraid not, living near Cork:(:(

The prices in the North would sicken you they are so cheap, was in the UK a few weeks ago and a 12hr drinking spree in pubs/nightclubs only cost me £120. Started on Budweiser, then WKD and then moved onto double vodka and red bulls. That included fags and taxi fares. You'd need to take out a mortgage to go drinking for 12 hours in Irish pubs and clubs........

Anyhoo, back on topic - I'm going to go looking for drink bargains soon, I'l post here if I find anything:D

Afraid not, living near Cork:(:(

The prices in the North would sicken you they are so cheap, was in the UK a few weeks ago and a 12hr drinking spree in pubs/nightclubs only cost me £120. Started on Budweiser, then WKD and then moved onto double vodka and red bulls. That included fags and taxi fares. You'd need to take out a mortgage to go drinking for 12 hours in Irish pubs and clubs........

Anyhoo, back on topic - I'm going to go looking for drink bargains soon, I'l post here if I find anything:D

I'd say you could nearly fly up tomorrow to Belfast or derry airport, fill up on drink, stay in hotel and then head to picnic and still save some money! depends how much you buying i guess though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anybody able to see Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip on the schedule? I can't see them!

EDIT: See them now...little big tent on Sat at 7.25! Phew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Beekay wrote: »
    Anybody able to see Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip on the schedule? I can't see them!

Little Big Tent, Saturday at 7.25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey guys,
    I'm packing for this now - are there any handy survival guides or to-do lists knocking around?
    Off to get my beer and the last of the supplies tonight :)

WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,
    I'm packing for this now - are there any handy survival guides or to-do lists knocking around?
    Off to get my beer and the last of the supplies tonight :)

WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ticket
    Toilet Roll
    Baby Wipes
    Beer
    Snacks
    All glass bottles either well hidden or easier poured into plastic bottles
    Wellies or shoes you don't mind wrecking
    spare phone (not essential but handy)
    ID if you look young
    ground mat
    condoms/pill
    black bags for carrying dirty stuff home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

do "posh washes" provide a towel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

do "posh washes" provide a towel ?

Where are these Posh Washes crowd guys??

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

The posh wash crowd are in the Camp Village - same area as Joe Banana's the Off Licence etc. Up the top of Jimi Hendrix campsite I think.
    They don't provide towels!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Looking to pick up some decently priced spirits in Dublin. Anyone know of any offers on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

Is it possible to get into the campsite on thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Are glass bottles (beer/wine) allowed in the campsites or is it just cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Not good. I hate missing Ireland matches ... does anybody know how far the nearest pub is by foot? i'm willing to make at least a 1 or 2 mile trek especially as the music doesnt kick off til four pm :D

Maybe 10 mins is all. Def no more than that.
    If you look at the site map, there's text that says 'stradbally main street' i think., and thats where all the pubs are. The pubs are all on the main street. Theres a centra supermarket, a couple of chippers, a bookies, a petrol station, and fúck all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

CRenegade wrote: »

No glass allowed in at all but you can bring in cans to the campsite but not the main areas

Is it possible to get into the campsite on thursday night?

firday at 9 in the morning is when it opens no earlier
    CRenegade wrote: »

no glass at all anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

The organisers of EP have pulled the plug on 22 shows in the Theatre tent with only 48 hours notice. People have put months of work into getting shows ready only for many to be cancelled and the artists themselve being denied access to the festival.

see this thread on offical EP forum http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15398

the offical EP facebook page is also full of people who have been effected buy this decision (to view these comments click on "just others" on the FB page).

Its really bad form from the organisers, I wasn't personally effected but I had several friends who have put so much effort and reharsals into the shows and now its all wasted!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Conor OH!

jebus, i cant wait for it now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Cheap Guinness and Murphys cans in Supervalu see here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018766

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

brozio7 wrote: »
    The organisers of EP have pulled the plug on 22 shows in the Theatre tent with only 48 hours notice. People have put months of work into getting shows ready only for many to be cancelled and the artists themselve being denied access to the festival.

see this thread on offical EP forum http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15398

the offical EP facebook page is also full of people who have been effected buy this decision (to view these comments click on "just others" on the FB page).

Its really bad form from the organisers, I wasn't personally effected but I had several friends who have put so much effort and reharsals into the shows and now its all wasted!:mad:

Cheap Guinness and Murphys cans in Supervalu see here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018766

Have to laugh at these two posts together.

First one:
    "22 acts were cancelled last minute! The theatric heart is being ripped from the EP! The corporate evil is taking over!"

2nd one:
    "Cheep booze lads! Score!"

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Didn'n Heineken lower their prices for pints at Oxegen this year?

Think it will happen in Electric Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    Didn'n Heineken lower their prices for pints at Oxegen this year?

Think it will happen in Electric Picnic?

i rest my case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wow, that is seriously bad form. In fairness they should at least still give the participants a ticket for the weekend. Very bad form POD, very bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That's ****e if it's true. I've acted in drama productions before and I know how much time and work goes into rehearsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Bad form, makes you wonder where that 240 euro per ticket goes to.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

I sympathise with those let down by the cancellation at VERY short notice. Many of them are friends of mine, however not all of them have put in the many hours that others had, and not all of them were heavily involved in the shows. Some were jut getting "mates rates" tickets (that is free ones because they knew someone doing a show). So a lot of the outcry is unfounded and childish. This semingly bullying tactic of posting the link to EVERY unrelated update on facebook and copying and pasting the same post over several internet fora is childish, selfish and unnecessary.

While I do believe the actions of the individual acting as liaison were wrong, and that EP organisers should deal with the situation better than the way they have, many of the clamouring voices are pissed off because they aren't getting their "free tickets".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Anyone know what the story is with parking if I'm just poping up for a day?

Advertisement