Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Forecast is looking increasingly...wet.
    FRIDAY will be mainly dry with bright or sunny spells, the best of these in Leinster and Ulster. It will become increasingly cloudy and breezy in Connacht and west Munster, with rain developing in the southwest during the evening and then gradually spreading to all areas on Friday night. Highest temperatures of 18 to 21 degrees with freshening southeast winds.

SATURDAY will start off mostly cloudy with rain and drizzle in many areas. The rain and drizzle will gradually clear northeastwards. Brighter weather with a few scattered showers will follow from the southwest and winds will ease.

SUNDAY will start off mostly dry. However persistent rain and fresh, gusty southeast winds will develop in the west during the morning and spread to all areas through the afternoon and early evening. The rain will continue overnight. There'll be further spells of rain or showers

MONDAY and over the early days of next week.

For anyone still without a tent, the two camping shops on Mary street both had great deals. One of them is Millets, cant remember the other name. Tents, sleeping bags and mattresses all seem to be heavily reduced. Also, plenty of bundles, for example - 2 man waterproof tent + 2 sleeping bags, 2 ground mats and lamp for 49.99...actually I think it was 39.99, not sure.

I got this tent for 50 euro which seems to be a very good price - http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/gelert-colima-3-person-tent-td-tent/721318998.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

iPhone owners, what are you doing about keeping it charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Anyone heard of what papers are doing a free guide with line-up? I rem getting one last year but haven't heard any advertising for same. when do we get the times for the bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Potatofarl

quarryman wrote: »

What are people doing for charging normal phones?? Does anyone know where you can buy a solar charger thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

paddles wrote: »
    when do we get the times for the bands?

They're out since this morning.
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/stage-times/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Tusky wrote: »
    Forecast is looking increasingly...wet.

La la la la LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!
    quarryman wrote: »

They're going to have charging points for phones including iPhones. Think in previous years in was in a big white O2 tent - although I'm not to be taken as bible when it comes to remembering things at Electric Picnic. I also hear rumours of a place where you can charge your phone for free - but you have to power the charger by cycling a bike!!

I. Am. So. Excited!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Last year nokia had a big tent inside the arena that charged phones for free now seen as my phone was a nokia i cant say if it was only nokias they charged sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Potatofarl

z_topaz wrote: »
    La la la la LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!

They're going to have charging points for phones including iPhones. Think in previous years in was in a big white O2 tent - although I'm not to be taken as bible when it comes to remembering things at Electric Picnic. I also hear rumours of a place where you can charge your phone for free - but you have to power the charger by cycling a bike!!

I. Am. So. Excited!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'd have no problem cycling the bike for a while if its free!! I'm feeling your excitedness...its gonna be great! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

mayordenis wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with parking if I'm just poping up for a day?

Sneaking in is it? Tut tut tut. No idea about the parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Potatofarl wrote: »
    I'd have no problem cycling the bike for a while if its free!! I'm feeling your excitedness...its gonna be great! :D:D:D:D:D:D

It's going to be freaking awesome! I have such a good feeling about this year! Got most of my preparations done today. Just a few things to pick up tomorrow and them I'm super sorted. Dancing around the place to Dan Le Sac this evening. Friday just can't come fast enough!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i just found out yesterday i was going :D YAY!!

i cant wait to go!!

i dont know wheather to bring a bit of food with me because when i went to oxegen i didnt and i really regretted it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i dont know wheather to bring a bit of food with me because when i went to oxegen i didnt and i really regretted it!!

...youve answered your own question there surely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pat.Kenny

Army boots or wellies? Random question I know but can't decide, have army boots from years ago that are water proof (a bit heavy) but dunno if it'd be better to just get a cheap pair of wellies? Any suggestions? Pro's/Cons...Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

yeah ut like what could i bring??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

I sympathise with those let down by the cancellation at VERY short notice. Many of them are friends of mine, however not all of them have put in the many hours that others had, and not all of them were heavily involved in the shows. Some were jut getting "mates rates" tickets (that is free ones because they knew someone doing a show). So a lot of the outcry is unfounded and childish. This semingly bullying tactic of posting the link to EVERY unrelated update on facebook and copying and pasting the same post over several internet fora is childish, selfish and unnecessary.

While I do believe the actions of the individual acting as liaison were wrong, and that EP organisers should deal with the situation better than the way they have, many of the clamouring voices are pissed off because they aren't getting their "free tickets".

And then there are the people who put weeks into rehearsals, came back off their summer break to put the best show they could on in just five weeks, pissed off other drama members who weren't cast, spent money on rehearsal spaces, paid for the rights of the plays, travelled from outside Dublin to attend rehearsals, bought key rings to give out, banners to put on the stage, gave up their free weekends of the 'summer' to rehearse ....
    to be told on Sunday they 'may' be cut.. then no one answers their calls for three days and then get a call this morning to say you are cut. No compensation.....

childish, selfish and unnecessary?

You must be joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Doozie wrote: »
    And then there are the people who put weeks into rehearsals, came back off their summer break to put the best show they could on in just five weeks, pissed off other drama members who weren't cast, spent money on rehearsal spaces, paid for the rights of the plays, travelled from outside Dublin to attend rehearsals, bought key rings to give out, banners to put on the stage, gave up their free weekends of the 'summer' to rehearse ....
    to be told on Sunday they 'may' be cut.. then no one answers their calls for three days and then get a call this morning to say you are cut. No compensation.....

childish, selfish and unnecessary?

You must be joking.

Well, I did think the repeated posting of the issue on unrelated online posts was childish, selfish and unnecessary. I fully understand that this is not your fault and, as I said in the first line of my post, I sympathise but the tactic used by one person affected (I orignally made this point on the EP facebook page - where the context made more sense as there was one individual repeatedly posting a link to the discussion and saying "disgraceful") was not conducive towards solving the problem and in fact just looked like someone petulantly moaning after they lost their free ticket. I sincerely hope your show is one of the 6 left, otherwise I think it is rubbish that the liaison did what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

No. We were cut.
    Devastated.

But we'll move on and get over it. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

anyone see camping chairs still for sale anywhere?? sold out in argos and halfords liffey valley today, dunnes in liffey valley and lucan.

will drive for them! so comfy with a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

Well, I did think the repeated posting of the issue on unrelated online posts was childish, selfish and unnecessary. I fully understand that this is not your fault and, as I said in the first line of my post, I sympathise but the tactic used by one person affected (I orignally made this point on the EP facebook page - where the context made more sense as there was one individual repeatedly posting a link to the discussion and saying "disgraceful") was not conducive towards solving the problem and in fact just looked like someone petulantly moaning after they lost their free ticket. I sincerely hope your show is one of the 6 left, otherwise I think it is rubbish that the liaison did what he did.

I posted that those links on FB, I did it on ONLY 2 seprate links and thats deemed childish, selfish and unnecessary! You didnt have to read the links or reply. The comments took off from that point and a number of replys thanked me for bringing it to their attention. I was not "petulantly moaning" :rolleyes: about losing a free ticket as I never had one!!!!! I was pissed off cause a number of friends had spent many weeks putting a show together only for it to be pulled at the last minute and I felt the need to highlight this fact because I though some people might have wanted to know. I don't know all the facts, I just know thats it a ****ty situation for those involved.

I hope this gets resolved and that the groups involved get to perform and are happy to do so, thats the main thing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You could try Capel Camping or Millets Camping on Capel Street/Mary Street.

Had them in stock last weekend anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Here's a J2ME app for anyone who wants it. Includes line-up for each day/stage as well as a "Now and Next" feature.

Point your phone's browser to:
    scss.tcd.ie/~masond/ep.jad

Cheers,
    DM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Read in the paper earlier that the festival is looking like a near sell-out. Organisers said that they expect the event to sell out by tomorrow evening but methinks that's unlikely. Aren't they selling tickets by the site entrance this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ya they said that on the news too.
    Probably just a ploy to get people to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Just wondering, what would be the best attire to wear - slacks, combats or shorts?

Also does is get very muddy up there with a bit of rain? Would i get away with a pair of hiking boots or are wellies the better footwear option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Doozie wrote: »
    No. We were cut.
    Devastated.

But we'll move on and get over it. Lesson learned.

Bit of a mad idea, but what if all the cut acts were to set up a guerilla style stage in the main public area and just perform their acts there? I can't see anything stopping you. Get some graphics painted onto a white sheet as a backdrop and just perform infront of it.

Am i an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

df1985 wrote: »
    anyone see camping chairs still for sale anywhere?? sold out in argos and halfords liffey valley today, dunnes in liffey valley and lucan.

will drive for them! so comfy with a can.

got one for €15 in a place on talbot st. - can't think of the name of the place but it's near the junction with marlborough street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

would a blow up couch work?
    I hope I can find a tent in town easily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Is it my imagination, or was Devendra Banhart due to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Read in the paper earlier that the festival is looking like a near sell-out. Organisers said that they expect the event to sell out by tomorrow evening but methinks that's unlikely. Aren't they selling tickets by the site entrance this year?

promoters are gonnna say that. I was amazed at how many free tickets have been given away on radio stations (2fm & Today FM) over the past 2 weeks, I'd say the promoter is just trying to fill it up in any way possible.

Hey, just one more sleep...woohoo! Let's all hope Leftfield or Roxy Music don't pull an 'Axl' eh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

got one for €15 in a place on talbot st. - can't think of the name of the place but it's near the junction with marlborough street.

One of the shops on Mary street has them for a tenner and may go as low as 7 if you ask them.

Advertisement