Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GopErthike wrote: »
    Is it my imagination, or was Devendra Banhart due to play?

no your thinking of his supporting arcade fire in december, thats probably the reason you put him on your ipod in anticipation.

shitner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Wow, that is seriously bad form. In fairness they should at least still give the participants a ticket for the weekend. Very bad form POD, very bad form.

Further news from the forum is that the organiser wanted 200 extra more tickets this year which EP said they could not provide so they had to pull the plug. Yer lad has handed in his resignation and everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Anyone got link for app for Android phone

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

DAMLAR wrote: »
    Anyone got link for app for Android phone

Thanks
    Ron DMC is working on a version here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056004581&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

no your thinking of his supporting arcade fire in december, thats probably the reason you put him on your ipod in anticipation.

shitner

Nah, I was sure of it. Wouldn't go see arcade fire anyway..... Much prefer their earlier stuff......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Guys, when are Arcadia playing? Just can't seem to find it anywhere...so so want to see them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

madmoe wrote: »
    Guys, when are Arcadia playing? Just can't seem to find it anywhere...so so want to see them!!

Arcadia is a stage with acts (music & other weird stuff), I'm going to pop over to it once it gets dark and even late in the night followed by the Psy Trance craziness in the forest.

Info here for lots of stages but still no info on Arcadia...

Arcadia is a stage with acts (music & other weird stuff), I'm going to pop over to it once it gets dark and even late in the night followed by the Psy Trance craziness in the forest.

Info here for lots of stages but still no info on Arcadia...

Cheers dude!

Read in the paper earlier that the festival is looking like a near sell-out. Organisers said that they expect the event to sell out by tomorrow evening but methinks that's unlikely. Aren't they selling tickets by the site entrance this year?

Heard from a reliable source that there were 9,000 tickets left unsold yesterday.

Thats a good few indeed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Splainc wrote: »
    Heard from a reliable source that there were 9,000 tickets left unsold yesterday.

Not too bad. They'll probably sell another few thousand on Friday if the weather stays as it is

budgemook wrote: »
    Not too bad. They'll probably sell another few thousand on Friday if the weather stays as it is

Would love only about 30,000 to attend the festival. Organisers need a kick up the arse as regards the price but also just to have more room!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

budgemook wrote: »
    Sneaking in is it? Tut tut tut. No idea about the parking.

lol nope have a 1 day ticket, I know 1 day tickets were never on sale but they were used in promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

mayordenis wrote: »
    lol nope have a 1 day ticket, I know 1 day tickets were never on sale but they were used in promos.

Haha, oh right. Never heard of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

44764_149449821748681_100000509926356_401208_1450929_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

If that's true, wouldn't you think they'd just give some tickets to the theatre folk. I don't know all the facts but it's a ****ty situation and if it's not sold out.......
    Would love only about 30,000 to attend the festival. Organisers need a kick up the arse as regards the price but also just to have more room!!!!

Isn't 30k near capacity? Thought the max was like 32k.
    But ya, it would be cool if it were a little bit quieter.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    If that's true, wouldn't you think they'd just give some tickets to the theatre folk. I don't know all the facts but it's a ****ty situation and if it's not sold out.......

Isn't 30k near capacity? Thought the max was like 32k.
    But ya, it would be cool if it were a little bit quieter.

True but suppose they are hoping to sell them? 35,000 is capacity as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Lads and lassies,

Anyone still looking for camping equipment, they are still on sale just off Capel St in Millets and the shop next door and there are some unreal deals, I was just in there getting a few last minute stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Is the general consensus this will sell out???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

agentgreen wrote: »
    Is the general consensus this will sell out???

that's what the promoters have said but I don't think so. anyway, it doesn't matter, I'm going to enjoy myself either way.

• Advertisement

Same here. Just on my way to get a ticket... but if I thought I could pick one up tomorrow I would....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

agentgreen wrote: »
    Same here. Just on my way to get a ticket... but if I thought I could pick one up tomorrow I would....

Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?? :D

I would be very surprised if it sells out, the promoters are always going to say it's close to selling out!!

Scoops wrote: »
    Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?? :D

I would be very surprised if it sells out, the promoters are always going to say it's close to selling out!!
    Done!!! Got 'em! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That means it's only just over 70% full, though more tickets will have sold since then and by tomorrow.

Also I'd like to know how many of the 32,000 tickets were given as freebies or through promotions and competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

has anyone got the maps uploaded to a non ep site, work is blocking it here so can't print them :(

also on the EP boards i found this timetable in a thread, very handy for looking at what clashes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

danniemcq wrote: »
    has anyone got the maps uploaded to a non ep site, work is blocking it here so can't print them :(

Yeah, I made copies of all the official timetables yesterday. Should be a few pages back or just check my recent posts. Can't link it right now as I'm on the mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Have the chance to buy a family camping ticket, does anyone know if this will get me into the regular campsite or can I only stay in the family one?

Edit: Let it go to someone who needs a family ticket. Good deed done for the weekend.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Yeah, I made copies of all the official timetables yesterday. Should be a few pages back or just check my recent posts. Can't link it right now as I'm on the mobile.

yeah i got them lovely job, have them all printed out! it's the maps though that i need now!

Have the chance to buy a family camping ticket, does anyone know if this will get me into the regular campsite or can I only stay in the family one?

Edit: Let it go to someone who needs a family ticket. Good deed done for the weekend.

Well with a deed like that karma better get you a roide :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

quarryman wrote: »
    iPhone owners, what are you doing about keeping it charged?

leaving the iPhone in the car... using my Nokia N95 onsite. The battery in the N95 will last the weekend no probs... iPhone on the other hand is a joke of a battery for something like this..

Advertisement