Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've got a second battery for my HTC Desire but at the rate i use it, i'll probably only make it to Saturday nite before i run outta juice.
    At least there is no premiership this weekend, will stop me from checking my fantasy football team every 5 mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Just got a tooth pulled out today in the dentists. it is extremely feckin sore. still going to the picnic though - can't wait! still not sure how I'll manage drinking... will have to stick to sparkly water!

Does anyone know if any of the pubs in Stradbally will have a proper big screen for the All-Ireland final? There will be a good few of us meeting up on the Sunday and I imagine many more will be watching it. If I can't see it properly on tv I would just stay around the car and listen to the radio. I couldn't see anything in the previous posts- it just mentioned the few pubs in the village.
    For shame ep won't have a big screen.

Up Tipp!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

My advice is to leave the Desires and the iPhones behind. The battery won't last more than a day. Luck is on my side (kind of?!) - the speaker in my Desire is bust, so it's off getting fixed and I have a crappy Nokia replacement. A crappy Nokia with an amazing battery-life!! Internet an' all. I can drunken tweet and still have a phone on Sunday! WOOP!

Who are people going to see? No point in listing the big acts like Roxy Music or Seasick Steve - I mean the more unknown bands. I'm very excited about Kormac's Big Band and Cymande II!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

My advice is to leave the Desires and the iPhones behind. The battery won't last more than a day. Luck is on my side (kind of?!) - the speaker in my Desire is bust, so it's off getting fixed and I have a crappy Nokia replacement. A crappy Nokia with an amazing battery-life!! Internet an' all. I can drunken tweet and still have a phone on Sunday! WOOP!

Eh, how am I gonna play Angry Birds without my iphone?

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Eh, how am I gonna play Angry Birds without my iphone?

You'll just have to control your urges for one weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think I'll bring my spare phone up. I would actually go crazy if I broke/lost/dropped in puddle my iPhone. I'll just have to go a weekend without heroically landing planes and flogging birds at swine. It will be difficult. But there'll be beer, so everything will work out.

Ha!

On a more serious note, someone mentioned something about stuff getting robbed in the Oscar Wilde campsite last year?? Can anyone elaborate>?

I was travelling last year, so missed it and that's where we'd always camped and have planned to this year too

False alarm. It turns out we always camp in Andy Warhol. It also turns out that I can't read maps!! :rolleyes:

But, do elaborate all the same, I'm curious. Never heard of any trouble at the picnic before... Hope it's not the way it goes, in that general Oxegen scumbaggery direction :(

Although that being said, I was planning on using the iPhone to view the pdf's of the Maps and Timetables.

Has there been any iPhone app developed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Splainc wrote: »
    Would love only about 30,000 to attend the festival. Organisers need a kick up the arse as regards the price but also just to have more room!!!!

QFT. Glastonbury is £195/€240 for 2011, and it sh*ts all over EP in every aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Just a heads up, if you're leaving the smartphone at home:
    ll
    V

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

And don't forget your ****ty app for your ****ty Nokia!
    I dug my old Sony Ericsson out and went back to Java ME coding haha, will be perfect for the weekend
    ll
    V

M450 wrote: »
    And don't forget your ****ty app for your ****ty Nokia!
    I dug my old Sony Ericsson out and went back to Java ME coding haha, will be perfect for the weekend
    ll
    V

It is ****ty and I miss my Desire, but this'll do nicely for the weekend. Anyways, when it comes to the picnic, I use my phone to ring people to shout "WHERE ARE YOU?? I'M IN THE SOUTHERN COMFORT TENT!", I couldn't imagine myself looking at Google Skymap or navigating with a touchscreen for that matter!! :rolleyes:

I'll be happy if I can manage to dial a number!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

anybody know if there will be tickets for sale down at stradbally tomorrow?

Apparently so. I got an email from Ticketmaster there telling me that they would be selling tickets at the event. Also: http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15501

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

Which is the best campsite for general craic and good times without been kept up all night if there's such a thing.

And how far is the walk from the carpark to the campsites. Oh and somebody told me there used to be wheelbarrows for hire to haul the gear and beer. Is that the case?

First time goin and not sure of the whole setup. Cheers ;)

Can't speak for last year, but I was at every other year and I found that the blue campsite was perfect. Far enough away from the arena to get sleep at night, but not too dosile to be lacking in craic. Never had any trouble there. It's a small walk to the arena and there's a shortcut through the woods to other areas.

The carpark is about half an hour (when carrying all your gear) including queuing etc. The wheelies were there 2 years ago, hopefully they'll be there again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Who are people going to see? No point in listing the big acts like Roxy Music or Seasick Steve - I mean the more unknown bands. I'm very excited about Kormac's Big Band and Cymande II!!!

Mr. Scruff, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Monotonix, Crystal Castles, Jinx Lennon, Marty Mulligan and the Aftermath, Fat Freddies Drop, UNKLE, Fever Ray
    anybody know if there will be tickets for sale down at stradbally tomorrow?

There was a ticket office outside Jimi Hendrix campsite last year i think

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pat.Kenny

Would wellies and sleeping bags be very expensive up there? I'm gonna chance not bring wellies cause I've literally no room or hands left with space to carry them so if it rains I figure I can just buy a pair there dependin on how bad the weather is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

thinking of heading down Saturday..........I take it they don't sell one day tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

bazwin wrote: »
    thinking of heading down Saturday..........I take it they don't sell one day tickets

Nope, just the 1 x3day ticket

Oh and...

zoe55k.jpg

Should I get some Bucky in?

if I buy a campervan ticket i might get in on the cheap......I will have the car though..........will they let me in lol......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

Word around the campfire is that they will be releasing one day tickets tomorrow but that could be just a rumour.

Not a chance

Really got carried away at the off-license. I was trying to gauge how much to buy based on last year at Oxegen, where I ran out on the final hours of the last morning. I ended up buying an extra litre of vodka before realising that we don't have Thursday to drink! I'll probably be running around trying to sell cans for food at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

Does anyone know whether the armbands are cloth or plastic?

how would you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Is that the new one it's diff to last years I like it

Advertisement