Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

Does the Buckie have to be transfered into plastic bottles for the campsite or is glass allowed (for the campsite this is, not the festival arena)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Mark 00 wrote: »
    Does the Buckie have to be transfered into plastic bottles for the campsite or is glass allowed (for the campsite this is, not the festival arena)

No glass allowed into the campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Mark 00 wrote: »

I thought this was the Picnic thread not the Oxyen thread???!!:rolleyes:

Don't. Knock. Buckfast. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

From what I've heard from people who were in town this morning there are dodgy sorts more usually seen ay Oxygen making their way to the Electric Picnic so I'd be interested to see how it turns out. I'm not just jealous that I couldn't afford a ticket this time round:o.

• Advertisement

From what I've heard from people who were in town this morning there are dodgy sorts more usually seen ay Oxygen making their way to the Electric Picnic so I'd be interested to see how it turns out. I'm not just jealous that I couldn't afford a ticket this time round:o.

How did they know they were 'dodgy sorts'?

How did they know they were 'dodgy sorts'?

How can you tell a horse from a Donkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hahahaha!

Ever been to EP? It's like the anti-Oxegen in regards to 'most' of the turnout.

How can you tell a horse from a Donkey?

Great response. Thanks for that.

So basically you're saying they're making judgements on these people being 'dodgy sorts' based on their accents or what they looked like. Not from anything they were actually doing?

I'll elaborate to avoid any confusion , when I say dodgy sorts I'm referring to the type that gets pissed up screams in your ear , starts a row and possibly tears your tent down ( As seen at Oxygen ). As oppossed to the type that can get pissed up and create some craic without being a gob****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 stoneruile

I'll elaborate to avoid any confusion , when I say dodgy sorts I'm referring to the type that gets pissed up screams in your ear , starts a row and possibly tears your tent down ( As seen at Oxygen ). As oppossed to the type that can get pissed up and create some craic without being a gob****e.

So they were tearing peoples tents down and screaming in their ears in the town?

stoneruile wrote: »
    So they were tearing peoples tents down and screaming in their ears in the town?

They must have been.

Or else MingulayJohnny's friends are merely judgemental snobs.

Surely that can't be the case.

If people weren't so PC and afraid of being called judgemental they'd call a spade a spade. So you've never casually referred to skangers or frat boy types in a conversation or commented on them in the street without getting to know them first?. I think you can get a good read on how people are likely to behave from their body language , speech and carry on. I trust my friends judgement. Anyway didn't mean to kill the buzz. Enjoy the gig.

Have none of you ever been walking into a big concert , Slane , Malahide castle , Punchestown and seen a bunch of fellas acting the maggot and said to yourself that you don't want to be anywhere near them only to come across them later and be proved right?.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stoneruile

I don't know man. There are always going to be lads that look like that everywhere.

The picnic is not the small festival that few people knew about that it once was. You never know though. I have mates that dress as you are describing and they are sound as a bell. Sure **** it. :D

I'll concede that I wasn't there so I don't have the full picture although the source is not a fella I would describe as a snob or a fella on a high horse. I hope it goes well it's just I've got a gripe with some of the bogens that spoil the broth at big concerts. Slán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭rochie16

Anyone know whether they're showing the hurling on a big screen somewhere on sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Does anyone know if this is sold out or whats the liklihood of getting a cheap ticket if i went down tomorrow evening.working until 5 saturday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

electronic wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is sold out or whats the liklihood of getting a cheap ticket if i went down tomorrow evening.working until 5 saturday evening

Tickets still available and on-sale at Ticketmaster. I'd say there's quite a few left.

Don't know about the likelihood about getting a cheaper ticket. It's definitely possible, though Saturday evening seems a bit late for people to be out offloading tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Watching Jonsi on stage now. Is he a Morten Harket (A-Ha) wannabe or what?! :D only joking, he's actually quite good. If only i could understand what he was singing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Just saw a bunch of good looking Scandanavians buying a load of alcohol in my local Lidl (Citywest). Their tour bus was outside. They were tattood and indie looking. Probably headed to Electric Picnic. Anyone have any idea who this could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Well done to that maggot in the blue wifebeater vest tonight at the Frames gig. I bet you're very proud of yourself. About 30 yards back from the stage. He tried his best to annoy everyone he jumped into, or head wrestled. He pulled the bra strap of my friend and that was the last straw as myself and her boyfriend threw a few punches his way. He got a few digs from other people behind us too. He wasn't long fcuking off. I was delighted to see people coming together to sort him out. ?240 to put up with that crap, no thank you. On a whole it's been a very enjoyable festival so far, save for that incident tonight, i've witnessed no trouble at all. The Frames were excellent tonight, first class. Hansard had the crowd in his póca. Damien Dempsey and Liam O Maonlaí joined him on stage for the last song, a powerful performance from all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

grenache wrote: »
    Well done to that maggot in the blue wifebeater vest tonight at the Frames gig. I bet you're very proud of yourself. About 30 yards back from the stage. He tried his best to annoy everyone he jumped into, or head wrestled. He pulled the bra strap of my friend and that was the last straw as myself and her boyfriend threw a few punches his way. He got a few digs from other people behind us too.
    Couldn't you just have moved or got security to move him instead of lowering yourself to his standards? Must have been some effort for two lads to hop someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Excellent festival, :D we as a family enjoyed it all, Soul kids great, Security on the ball and were all friendly and professional and general good vibe all round.

One gripe and just something to look into next year - family camping was seriously cramped kids (and parents) falling over strings left right and centre, no room to push a pram or buggy when trying to get from the tent to the walk way.:confused:

Apparently tangerine fields was the place to camp with family as great space might pay the extra next year.

Well done all and big thanks to JUDY security/manager in family camping area you were brilliant...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I don't suppose anyone knows who was running the felt art tent in the green crafts? There was a piece there I really liked but I had no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Would loved to have gone to EP this year but couldn't so might go next year. How much were VIP tickets this year, does anyone know? I can't seem to find any info about VIP tickets, just VIP camping which is the boutique camping right?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couldn't afford to go to the EP this year. Hope everybody who went enjoyed themselves thoroughly. The weather must have put a bit of a dampner on the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couldn't afford to go to the EP this year. Hope everybody who went enjoyed themselves thoroughly. The weather must gave put a bit of a dampner on the event.

just home myself weather was excellent friday and saturday (after 1 o clock) and just ok today until 7

my 1st time there loved it

just me and herself on friday and saturday and we brought the little fella today (he loves two door cinema club)

have to say it was class each day its truly a festival for everyone

Highlights of the weekend were def Seasick Steve and The Frames

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I wonder how you go about getting an exhibit of your craft/art work at the Electric Picnic? I'm doing quite a bit of pottery and I'd be keen to exhibit it at next years EP. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr.S wrote: »

If anyone asks "You selling pills?" ever again though, i think I might snap.

I get this everywhere, really annoying, if i did i'd have a huge market it seems.

Advertisement