Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Tricky on a sunday would be nice wind it down a bit. flamings lips are played out i forgot the played last year so i suppose they are doubtful
    Roxy music would be class ....good buzz off them lead singer is a bit of a show man. the doves would be class too. massive attack haven't played in afew years and the new album is out so i'd say they are a cert.
    I have a feeling Doves will be playing.

Tricky's 15 year anniversary of Maxinaquaye is this year do you could be right about him. Flaming Lips again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Reggaetrip

so glad others saw the atmosphere difference last year, didnt like that, felt too much like oxygen.
    got my tickey for this yr though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Leftfield should be top of EP organisers list of bands to get regardless of the money. They are not going to get daft punk and every other major dance act has played there once (if not twice in the last five years) - orbital,checmical brother,fatboy slim,groove armada,dj shadow,mylo etc.

I think the should get the pixies if at all possible and Cypress hill as a hip hop act would fairly accessible to everyone to jump around and go nuts to.

But I have a feeling there will be few surpises (line up will of consist of bands that were there over the last 4 years) and that for €250 i will feel like i can not justify the ticket price. Granted EP is more about the set up and atmosphere but essential it is a music festival and they really want to be having a few decent acts.

Leftfield announced that they are only doing four festival appearances this year, RockNess, Bennicassim and Boardmasters have so far being announced. So there is one more date to be announced, apparently Arcadia offered them a DJ spot on their stage at Glasto, but the group asked for a large sum of money and Arcadia refused, so it looks like Glasto is ruled out.
    All we can do is hope they are not announced for main stage at Glasto or Bestival for that matter, maybe EP will secure them for the 24th March announcement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Very interested in the Wednesday announcement now

Gil Scott Heron
    The Frames
    Roxy Music
    Massive Attack
    Imelda May
    Mumford & Sons

seem to be the 90% confirmed acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Would love to see Interpol and camera obscura on the bill.....

• Advertisement

If anyone has any interest in submitting their favourite acts/most wanted acts...

http://thegmanworld.blogspot.com/2010/03/festival-season-electric-picnic.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Would love to see Interpol and camera obscura on the bill.....

saw camera obscura at oxegen last year, disappointing is an understatment.

lordgoat wrote: »
    saw camera obscura at oxegen last year, disappointing is an understatment.

Very good anytime i have seen them in small venues. A small tent at EP would suit them better

Splainc wrote: »
    Very good anytime i have seen them in small venues. A small tent at EP would suit them better

Yeah would be amazing...

Here's hoping:-)

Yeah would be amazing...

Here's hoping:-)

But i would seriously recommend the Harmonic gig with Grizzly Bear, Midlake and Villagers to see Camera Obscura. Gig of the Summer i would say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Was it hear I heard Bruce Springsteen was rumoured to headline?
    any more on that?

Was it hear I heard Bruce Springsteen was rumoured to headline?
    any more on that?

Not a chance i wouldnt say man. Dont get me wrong if the boss was playing i would be running around in a circle homer simpson style but would say he is far too costly. not touring at the moment either and supposed to be taking an extended break with the e-street band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nithuigim

anyone reckon jonsi, of sigur ros fame, might make an appearance. he'll be wrapping up his tour around then with some festival in the uk. have heard two tracks off his forthcoming album and theyre incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

nithuigim wrote: »
    anyone reckon jonsi, of sigur ros fame, might make an appearance. he'll be wrapping up his tour around then with some festival in the uk. have heard two tracks off his forthcoming album and theyre incredible!

Wow cant belive I didnt know about him, just listening know
    definitely one to get into

pity about the boss don't know where I read it

Belle and Seb are a good shour for EP.

But i would seriously recommend the Harmonic gig with Grizzly Bear, Midlake and Villagers to see Camera Obscura. Gig of the Summer i would say

Will be setting up camp in Glasto that day! :) Bitter sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Belle and Seb are a good shour for EP.

Strong chance of them I'd say LordG. They are playing Fuji Rocks and I think the Isle of White festival so a return to the picnic should be a good bet. Caught them about 3 years ago down there and really enjoyed them!

Also reckon on;

Roxy Music
    Gil Scott Heron - already confirmed
    Jonsi
    Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip
    LCD Soundsystem
    Chemical Brothers - playing Sonar - might be back again
    The National - new album and tour coming up
    Yeasayer
    Passion pit - turning into the next CSS. Might want to advise immigration about them.
    M.I.A.

Maybe a bit of wishful thinking in that list!

catch--22 wrote: »
    Strong chance of them I'd say LordG. They are playing Fuji Rocks and I think the Isle of White festival so a return to the picnic should be a good bet. Caught them about 3 years ago down there and really enjoyed them!

Also reckon on;

Roxy Music
    Gil Scott Heron - already confirmed
    Jonsi
    Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip
    LCD Soundsystem
    Chemical Brothers - playing Sonar - might be back again
    The National - new album and tour coming up
    Yeasayer
    Passion pit - turning into the next CSS. Might want to advise immigration about them.
    M.I.A.

Maybe a bit of wishful thinking in that list!

Prob should have said it in my last post but eh my source for B&S was the lounge on phantom! If Roxy and the National and half of your list were confirmed i'll prob make the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Caught the end of the ad on the radio - music in the background was Hot Chip and Leftfield

Anybody else hear the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Prob should have said it in my last post but eh my source for B&S was the lounge on phantom! If Roxy and the National and half of your list were confirmed i'll prob make the trip.

Ha ha!! :D I hope we're not both disappointed so!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hadouken??? That'd be amazing.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hadouken??? That'd be amazing.

They played last EP and yep, they were amazing!

Hot Chip have self-confirmed via their own site. Another Oxegen-EP crossover

If Brand New are announced I'm definitely going regardless of the rest of the lineup. :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    If Brand New are announced I'm definitely going regardless of the rest of the lineup. :)

Still to see them live myself. Any reason for thinking they might be announced or just on the wishlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

http://www.bestival.net/#/artists/2010-lineup

Usually significant crossover.

Hot Chip confirmed.
    The Frames confirmed.

The rumour of the Pixies just won't go away for some reason. That would please me immensely.

Bestival line up is nice...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say EP will get a few crossover acts since afaik MCD have some share of EP now

Still to see them live myself. Any reason for thinking they might be announced or just on the wishlist?

Well they've just had a new album out, haven't played over here yet and plus they're amazing. It's very wishful thinking at this moment in time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 aka79

Im hearing that Massive Attack, And Roxy Music, are going to play. And the rumored ones are the Pixies and Weezer!

Advertisement