Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

ILA wrote: »
    Being a local, I heard of tons of people from all parts of the county driving over and sneaking in almost openly through the woods around the estate during the weekend and especially on the last night being seemly "unnoticed" by the Security (which is infamously lax).

They need to get a more efficient Security company, I'm not sure who does it, but I know that if they got I-RMS or the market leaders, Eventsec, things should be a lot different and a lot better run.

Driving past each morning I see they're still moving all the fixtures and fittings by lorry and the security is still watching over that process.

Dont bet on that.

I know a few people that bought fake wristbands, they were pretty awful copies but the still got in. Fair play to them I say.

Why do you say fair play to them???? Because they essentially managed to partake in a fraud and put money in criminals pockets??

If they all paid their way then maybe POD/Festival Republic could afford to beef up security or improve the festival in some other manner.
    Loads more were caught BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

So...to sum up:

see you all next year :pac: :pac: :pac:

(close thread please, quick!)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Im shocked at some of the stories on here.Was my 1st time going to ep
    & i cant wait 4 next yr,myself & 3 mates stayed in tangerine fields in a geo dome was bloody expensive 800notes,but worth every penny come sunday nite when the heavens opened.. We had very clean toilets & showers.We left monday morning hungover but delighted with ourselves..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Hey, if it is the alcohol companies such as heineken putting pressure on to stop alcohol being brought in then I suggest to have NO alcohol for sale in venue and allow people to bring as much alcohol as they want into venue, bar bottles that is.
    Also supply ice cheaply:)

C'mon organisers treat us like adults and not like under age drinkers tyring to sneak our booze around.
    I for one would not drink more if alcohol was allowed to be brought in. My bank balance however would be better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Hey, if it is the alcohol companies such as heineken putting pressure on to stop alcohol being brought in then I suggest to have NO alcohol for sale in venue and allow people to bring as much alcohol as they want into venue, bar bottles that is.
    Enjoy having Crystal Swing headline next year's EP then so, since I doubt Heineken will continue to sponsor the event if they're not allowed sell drink there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

C'mon organisers treat us like adults and not like under age drinkers tyring to sneak our booze around.
    I for one would not drink more if alcohol was allowed to be brought in. My bank balance however would be better off.

Drinks companies pay the Picnic to allow them to set up at the festival. If you paid the same amount of money I'm sure the organisers would be open to your idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Alcohol companies give ****loads of money to the organisers and makes up a serious percentage of the budget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mad talk. $$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ilikerashers

Am dealing with some awful rubbish from the Nightwatch security at electric picnic this year. Anyone else have this problem of losing stuff, having it found and then having it robbed?

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15651

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

does anyone know for defo what dates ep will be next year?
    not up on the site yet but I'm guessing 2/3/4 september

would never be august right? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Don't suppose anyone knows the website that the crowd from Body and Soul taking pictures put their stuff up on? (think they were the radiostation?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone knows the website that the crowd from Body and Soul taking pictures put their stuff up on? (think they were the radiostation?)

Was it Synth Eastwood? Here is a link to the photo's they took in Body and Soul: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=306771&id=290380019568

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

just wondering did anyone get a myhab this year and did it stand up to that weather we had on the sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Was it Synth Eastwood? Here is a link to the photo's they took in Body and Soul: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=306771&id=290380019568

Nope, they were hanging around the body and soul production area doing something with the Radio Station and uploading photos and such. Had a picture taken with Caribou and they never emailed it on to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Vids From Arcadia Friday Night.. :D
    cant seem to embed it Properly on this site so here's the links..
    Enjoy

Lectrosoul Dj's Warren K and Rocky..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFIxnkPmTwY&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bpUu-rta4o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

great vids that place rocked all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Nice one!!
    Yea it was mega Fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Wheeker wrote: »
    Great EP this year (my third):

LOWS:
    Roxy Music- I mean c'mon how cheesy are they?
    (
    You dare to call one of art rock's greatest bands cheesy?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

grenache wrote: »
    You dare to call one of art rock's greatest bands cheesy?!!

Ummmmm- yeah. They may have been "one of art rock's greatest bands" when Brian Eno was with them (Virginia Plain etc.), but whenever I heard them playing Jealous Guy @ EP, I just had to walk away! Each to their own though....... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Wheeker wrote: »
    Ummmmm- yeah. They may have been "one of art rock's greatest bands" when Brian Eno was with them (Virginia Plain etc.), but whenever I heard them playing Jealous Guy @ EP, I just had to walk away! Each to their own though....... :rolleyes:
    The video for Jealous Guy is a little corny i will admit but i've never thought of the song itself as cheesy. Should we assume you regard John Lennon to be cheesy too then? He did write the song ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 calvink

Anybody know the name of the group of percussion salsa drummers that were on in the body and soul area (as the body & Soul website is now down:() on the Saturday & Sunday nights. They were amazing and would love to find out who they were.

Ps: Forget Roxy Music, The Frames were the gig of the weekend by a mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Carlos GigEvent

calvink wrote: »
    Anybody know the name of the group of percussion salsa drummers that were on in the body and soul area (as the body & Soul website is now down:() on the Saturday & Sunday nights. They were amazing and would love to find out who they were.

Ps: Forget Roxy Music, The Frames were the gig of the weekend by a mile

I can check for you but it might have been Wassa Wassa who were playing over on the Trenchtown stage on Friday, but know they had other gigs over the weekend. Might also have been Happy City Samba Band...I remember a few of the lads being around. As I said I'll ask for you...
    Wassa Wassa are playing outside at trenchtown's One World Reggae Party at POD on 28th Nov if you're into it. Check out "Trenchtown Rocks" on Facebook for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 calvink

I can check for you but it might have been Wassa Wassa who were playing over on the Trenchtown stage on Friday, but know they had other gigs over the weekend. Might also have been Happy City Samba Band...I remember a few of the lads being around. As I said I'll ask for you...
    Wassa Wassa are playing outside at trenchtown's One World Reggae Party at POD on 28th Nov if you're into it. Check out "Trenchtown Rocks" on Facebook for info

Nope dont think it was either of them, just had a quick look on youtube, if i remember correctly there was about 10 shirtless male samba drummers, really want to get them for a gig, so any help would be great:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Carlos GigEvent

calvink wrote: »
    Nope dont think it was either of them, just had a quick look on youtube, if i remember correctly there was about 10 shirtless male samba drummers, really want to get them for a gig, so any help would be great:D

I'll check with the guys from B&S and get back to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

foolelle wrote: »

yes,
    legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

yeah there great ain't they, fellow wexford men im proud to say
    the man ya need to speak to is Nicky bailey, he thought me everything i know he's one of the best percussionists in the land, if ya book them let us know where they can be seen.
    id recommend everyone to see them at least once!!

Advertisement