Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic 2010 - All discussion no ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i think we can talk about the price but not in relation to the price of other festivals?? not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The €250 is a bit steep alright but i think this line up is not to bad. what i'm more worried about is the days and times the put certain bands on and where they put them on. There have been some criminal time slots in recent years.
    Christy moore in that small tent when clearly the whole of EP wanted to see him.
    Modest mouse in a small tent?
    hot chip on at 6 on friday when as always a lot of people had difficulty with traffic getting in and set up on time.
    Gossip were on the sunday on the main stage two years ago i think and everyone is banjaxxed by then.....same applies
    to basement jaxx last year

Surely to god leftfield will be on last on the friday or saturday on the main stage.

mgmt were on early on the friday last yr too (turned out to be not great) but still me and my mates really wanted to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

JJ wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that Mumford & Sons are doing Oxegen and EP? Usually bands aren't allowed to do two big festivals in the same country in the same summer.

they are when both festivals are run by the same people now, festival republic which runs poxygen bought controlling shares in picnic last year

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

df1985 wrote: »
    i think we can talk about the price but not in relation to the price of other festivals?? not sure.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, you can talk about EP in all facets (price included) It's the comparisons i want to avoid. Apologies if it seemed militant. I can see my post wasn't very specific. Back on topic now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Monotonix are a big hairy sweaty riot, don't miss 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

catch--22 wrote: »
    Not booked yet. They lost a fair bit of money last year on their trip and are undecided yet if they are coming back!

oh yes they are :)
    The whole bodytonic issue seems a bit unclear. Despite it being a huge hit over the years, it was relegated to the damn campsite in 2008, yet still put on a great show with some class names, Modeselektor / Robert Hood / Benga etc, but then it was gotten rid of altogether. I doubt it was a financial decision as bodytonic wouldnt have demanded much off them except the physical space. I once asked a person who was fairly close to bodytonic and his explanation was that the organisers wanted a bit more of a family vibe, thus the rationale for ridding the festival of pumping techno at 3am.... Ill be very, very surprised if they make a return

It was badly missed last year. There was no madness in the air whatsoever
    last year. Im all for the chillout zones like the Body & Soul, but there's no
    harm in some quality house or techno.... none of which have appeared on the
    line-up yet!

no madness?!?

what about the neutronyx area (fairy forest) ?? serious crowds down there every night last year, really hope they come back again this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Bodytonic decided to leave EP after 2008, EP didn't get rid of them.
    apparently they were annoyed with how the organisers were treating them, and halved their budget compared to the previous year, so decided not to bother anymore....
    the fact that the 515 lads were in bed with POD at the time probably didn't help matters either...

Having worked in Body and Soul the last couple of years I'd say the same is true of our crowd. EP management are really dicking around in terms of passes and that, and have decimated the funding while upping ticket prices and capacity. If it weren't for the huge volunteer base (50-60% of workforce) then they wouldn't be around, and for me anyway Body and Soul ARE the Picnic.

(In other news, check out their own festival www.bodyandsoul.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

lilyface wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering if someone might be able to help me. Myself and the other half are thinking of heading to EP this sept with our little fella. we have the chance to bring a campervan however from last years festival layout the campervan area appears to be separate from the family camping area.
    Is it possible to bring a camper van to the family area?.. it would be nice to be around other families with small kids.
    thanks in advance!

Looks like there will be a separate campervan site in the family area this year:
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Having worked in Body and Soul the last couple of years I'd say the same is true of our crowd. EP management are really dicking around in terms of passes and that, and have decimated the funding while upping ticket prices and capacity. If it weren't for the huge volunteer base (50-60% of workforce) then they wouldn't be around, and for me anyway Body and Soul ARE the Picnic.

(In other news, check out their own festival www.bodyandsoul.ie)

With you on that. If we had the funding we'd have Body & Soul at our own festival in a shot. Outstanding work ye do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Comparisons with other festivals are valid but there's no need to list full lineups from other festivals, such info is off-topic. I've removed the fluff from the posts by themucaro.

• Advertisement

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Weakest line-up I've ever seen at the Picnic. A lot of great ''folksy'' acts, but nothing that would justify the ticket price. Of the main acts, two are hasbeens (roxy are no madness) - then you have John Lydon's new outfit, after an APPALLING show with the pistols the year before.

Was I honestly the only person who thought the Pistols were great? Down near the front was amazing, I'd say PiL will be just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

More acts that I want to see at oxegen but not really happy with either line-up. Really don't want to go to oxegen though. =( Was really hoping Lykke Li might play EP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'd love to be given my pick of the two festival line ups.

I'm not mad into either, but you could make a really awesome one out of the bits and pieces of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Never been to a music festival in my life, as most contemporary music does little or nothing for me - Florence & the Machine excepted. But now i see that Roxy Music are playing the Picnic and i'll defo be there, just for them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Hey planning to do EP this year with our two little boys (3yrs & 5yrs).

We have never been to EP but love the line up and really looking forward to it.

As EP virgins all tips, advice and info regarding Family zone welcome.

Also what would be best camping in tent or camper van?? looking at approx €800 for CV for the 4 days but do you think the benefits are worth the cost???

Damlar

DAMLAR wrote: »
    Hey planning to do EP this year with our two little boys (3yrs & 5yrs).

We have never been to EP but love the line up and really looking forward to it.

As EP virgins all tips, advice and info regarding Family zone welcome.

Also what would be best camping in tent or camper van?? looking at approx €800 for CV for the 4 days but do you think the benefits are worth the cost???

Damlar

This crowd are on the EP site under alternative camping
    http://www.bunkcampers.com/index.cfm/area/information/page/BookBunk

They seem cheaper than other campervan rentals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    This crowd are on the EP site under alternative camping
    http://www.bunkcampers.com/index.cfm/area/information/page/BookBunk

They seem cheaper than other campervan rentals

don't bother with them, they enforce a minimum of 7 days rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Hey thanks for details I did contact them directly and they do a per day rental of approx £100 per day. But all bunker vans on this type of rental are booked up for EP dates, they do have a few deluxe left which are only for 7 days rental and work out about £800 for the 7 days - a bit too pricey with tickets etc it works out over €1,000 for a family??

I have tried all the other main campervan/motorhome companies and all booked out for EP so maybe private rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Haroldscross

Im happy they dont have too many big names. Keep the knackers away. No matter the line up EP will always be great. Leftfeild, Imelda May, Hot Chip for me. Bring it on.

DAMLAR wrote: »
    Hey thanks for details I did contact them directly and they do a per day rental of approx £100 per day. But all bunker vans on this type of rental are booked up for EP dates, they do have a few deluxe left which are only for 7 days rental and work out about £800 for the 7 days - a bit too pricey with tickets etc it works out over €1,000 for a family??

I have tried all the other main campervan/motorhome companies and all booked out for EP so maybe private rental?

That's a balls they have none of the 4 day ones left. People must be booking the campervans before actually getting the campervan tickets tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Just wish Arcade Fire were playin the picnic again instead of Oxegen. Never seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey, what are the thoughts on this selling out soon? Really want to go this year but money's a bit tied up until May/June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Last year it didn't sell out until the last week. Also this year it didn't sell out the early bird tickets either. I would suspect that combined with last years washout that it isn't likely to sell out this side of August at the least but it is hard to say as they could always announce something that changes this or the Summer could be a particularly good one increasing sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

It's a decent line up, but far too expensive, and for that reason I won't be going. After being to other festivals abroad, you begin to realise how much of a rip off festivals here are.
    Bacchus wrote: »
    Hey, what are the thoughts on this selling out soon? Really want to go this year but money's a bit tied up until May/June.

Given the recession, I can't see many people rushing to buy tickets. Most people will wait and see, and will only start buying if they see tickets being snapped up. If it does sell out, it won't be until the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I see the campervan tickets are all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jollylee

I see the campervan tickets are all sold out.
    I can't believe they're gone!! How many spaces was there? Gutted!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No idea but surprised there gone so quick cause i was considering gettin a camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Toast wrote: »
    Last year it didn't sell out until the last week. Also this year it didn't sell out the early bird tickets either. I would suspect that combined with last years washout that it isn't likely to sell out this side of August at the least but it is hard to say as they could always announce something that changes this or the Summer could be a particularly good one increasing sales.

Last year it didn't sell out until the Saturday night. My friend bought a ticket then on the gates.

Toast wrote: »

Plus people don't have the cash these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There was an official resale of campervan tickets last year around August as well as several on sale at face value on Toutless and the EP forums in the weeks coming up to the festival. Just don't pay these prices and people will stop snapping the tickets up just to resell them.

Advertisement