Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Sale Deals

Options
  • 25-12-2009 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone spot any good deals in the post Xmas sales for PS 3 consoles?

Hamrog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Am looking for one myself. Think its a little early, if there is any deals might not be until Monday until the come out but not really expecting much.

Found this on the PS fourm. Also some good info on here.

This is a pre Christmas price list. Some good deals imo, if you can get them now.
    CombatCow wrote: »
    You might get some info here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055756213

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055751353

Actually now that I think of it, there was some irish gaming site that had a list of current console bundles, i'll try find it.

***EDIT

Ah found it!

Playstation 3 Packages

PS3 Slim console – 1 controller – Fifa 10 or Need for speed + another game from a list

Smyth’s – €319.99 + 2x €5 Vouchers too!

PS3 slim console – 1 controller – 250gb hardisk – Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

Pixmania.ie - €355 not including delivery

PS3 Slim Console – 1 Controller – 250bg Hardisk – Assassins Creed 2

Pixmania.ie – €353 not including delivery

PS3 Slim Console 250gb Hardisk and Uncharted 2 Game Pack

Smyth’s – €349.99

Pixmania.ie – €350 not including delivery

PS3 Console Killzone Pack – Includes Killzone Game and 1 Controller

Smyth’s – €299.99

PS3 Slim Console 2 Controller – 250gb + Hardisk Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted 2

Xtravision – €349.99 includes free €20 euro of games vouchers

PS3 Slim Console – 1 Controller – 250gb Hardisk – Uncharted 2 Pack

Game – €349.99 + 1 free game from a list of 4

PS3 Slim Console – 1 Controller – 120gb Hardisk + 1 game from list of 4

Game – € 299.99

PS3 Slim Console – 1 Controller – 120gb Hardisk + Any Game

Game – €329.99

PS3 Slim 250gb Hardisk – 1 Controller + Choose 2 games from list of 4

HMV – €349.99

PS3 Slim 250gb Hardisk – 1 Controller + COD:Modern warfare 2 + 2 games from list of 3

HMV – €379.99

PS3 Slim 120gb Hardisk – 1 Controller + COD:Modern warfare 2

Gamestop – €299.99

PS3 Slim 250gb Hardisk – 1 Controller – BluRay pack

Amazon.co.uk – £269.99 – Includes Wolverine & Dark Knight BluRay + Remote + Any game for £15

PS3 Slim Console – 120gb Hardisk - 1 Controller + 1 game from a list for £15 extra

Amazon.co.uk – £244.69 not including delivery

http://www.gamersireland.ie/?p=1054

CC

<edit> Also just seen this on another thread on here, but think tesco give it back in points so may not be of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Xtravision looks like the best 250gig deal

250Gig + 1 Xtra controller (50euro) + a Top game (50euro)

Thats 100euro bonus for the cost at Argos.

Thats 20euro Games rental vouchers or can you use the vouchers to buy games????

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Looking for a ps3 slim maybe with an extra controller and fifa 10.

If anybody hears of any one day (eg new years day) deals or whatever, id greatly appreciate any info.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

anyone know where id get a decent cheap controller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Tesco is the cheapest I think I've seen em cant remember the price of the PS3 know it was a good deal and the Wii set is only €200, cheapest I've seen it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Xtravision looks like the best 250gig deal

250Gig + 1 Xtra controller (50euro) + a Top game (50euro)

Thats 100euro bonus for the cost at Argos.

Thats 20euro Games rental vouchers or can you use the vouchers to buy games????

Is this deal still active because i rang xtravision and he said they were not doing it anymore???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Looking for a ps3 slim maybe with an extra controller and fifa 10.

If anybody hears of any one day (eg new years day) deals or whatever, id greatly appreciate any info.:pac:

Ill notify you if i see any! as im on the internet every day trying to find one!, hope you can do the same for me? I really wanted the 250 gig with extra controller in xtravision for 350 quid. but they said they werent doing it anymore.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Yep all xtravision offering at the moment is a €10 discount off a game when you buy a console at the normal price. This is apparently as they have their games heavily reduced in the Sale.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

kenco wrote: »
    Yep all xtravision offering at the moment is a €10 discount off a game when you buy a console at the normal price. This is apparently as they have their games heavily reduced in the Sale.....

and do you know how much they are selling them for? also if you do find a deal im interested in i have a thread on the Console ps3 section. could you please notify me of them, if you do see good deals thanks! and are you searching for one yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

I think they were the RRP prices of 299 and 349 (I think) so nothing special. There is a very good breakdown of the deals as a couple of weeks back at the start of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

I am also on the lookout for a good deal on a PS3.
    I was in xtravision in Sligo yesterday and this is the sign they had up.
    Sorry for poor quality but you get the idea
    Photo0016x-2.jpg

Not sure if this is just Sligo or nationwide.

jvc wrote: »
    I am also on the lookout for a good deal on a PS3.
    I was in xtravision in Sligo yesterday and this is the sign they had up.
    Sorry for poor quality but you get the idea
    Photo0016x-2.jpg

Not sure if this is just Sligo or nationwide.

Thanks for posting it, but I was in numerous xtravisions in Dublin yesterday and they are not doing the deal with an extra controller and uncharted 2 anymore, I'm also not going to buy one until Sony releases a new bundle, The ones in the stores now having been sitting there a long time, i also aware there are faulty Blu-ray drives not being able to read disks in many slim consoles which people had purchased this December ( have a look at the threads on the playstation section).

So what i am going to do is wait until Sony brings out another bundle, might be 2 or 3 months away? who knows? mabe even 2 weeks??? and they will be at a cheaper price with a better bundle. And any faults in the slim consoles today will be fixed and dealt with in the new ones, so thats my advice anyway!

Probably going to buy next Friday.

I think I saw game had a 120gb with fifa10 for 299.

So if anyone sees anything better (im definitely getting a fifa bundle id say) ...much obliged :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Harvey Norman have the 120GB for 279

Probably going to buy next Friday.

I think I saw game had a 120gb with fifa10 for 299.

So if anyone sees anything better (im definitely getting a fifa bundle id say) ...much obliged :D

To be honest thats an awfull deal! complete rip off! You can get the 250 GIG PS3 with a HDMI cable, Eye pet including the Camera, OR Uncharted 2, with another game from a list. that includes Fifa 10 for 340 euro Delivered!

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    To be honest thats an awfull deal! complete rip off! You can get the 250 GIG PS3 with a HDMI cable, Eye pet including the Camera, OR Uncharted 2, with another game from a list. that includes Fifa 10 for 340 euro Delivered!

Is that amazon?
    Excuse my ignorance but whats the advantage of a HDMI cable?
    Wouldnt be buying eye pet or uncharted but the extra memory could come in useful maybe even though i wont be buying too many games.

Is that amazon?
    Excuse my ignorance but whats the advantage of a HDMI cable?
    Wouldnt be buying eye pet or uncharted but the extra memory could come in useful maybe even though i wont be buying too many games.

Yes its from Amazon.

And if you dont know what a HDMI Cable is, well its a High quality cable that enables the transmission of High definition signals to High definition Tvs, If you have a High Def TV its a must buy! That one included in the bundle isn't great but it would do the job, you can buy higher quality HDMI cables elsewhere for nothing really. The one included is free though.

You get a PS3 camera with eyepet, and Uncharted 2 is a great game, so you can chose either of them with the bundle. Aswell as Fifa 10 or another game from a list.

Finally its a 250 Gig PS3 too! the bigger the better!

Overall thats a much better deal than the one you were going to purchase!

Ps. if you see any good deals in shops in Dublin please tell me. Im searching for a bundle too! Will go for the one on amazon if i dont see any better deals in retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

That Amazon deal is really good. Nice find.

Yes its from Amazon.

And if you dont know what a HDMI Cable is, well its a High quality cable that enables the transmission of High definition signals to High definition Tvs, If you have a High Def TV its a must buy! That one included in the bundle isn't great but it would do the job, you can buy higher quality HDMI cables elsewhere for nothing really. The one included is free though.

You get a PS3 camera with eyepet, and Uncharted 2 is a great game, so you can chose either of them with the bundle. Aswell as Fifa 10 or another game from a list.

Finally its a 250 Gig PS3 too! the bigger the better!

Overall thats a much better deal than the one you were going to purchase!

Ps. if you see any good deals in shops in Dublin please tell me. Im searching for a bundle too! Will go for the one on amazon if i dont see any better deals in retailers.
    TV is over 10 yrs old I'm afraid lol.

Thanks for the information!:)

Would that camera work as a webcam on ps3?

Anybody have an idea of how long amazon would take to deliver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gojira

I got the ps3 deal from amazon it was the best one around by far I found after a lot of searching. Heres the link to it http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fgp%2Ffeature.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref_%3Damb%255Flink%255F84664873%255F1%26docId%3D1000344563&tag=petmarevie-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=19450 . Took only three days for it to arrive from amazon aswell.

• Advertisement

Anybody hav an idea of the trade in credit you could get for the eyepet/uncharted?
    :p

tbh....I'll prob buy in Cork.....really need it next Friday.

Np, Yes the camera is top notch, with an array of features, you can have video conferences with up to 6 other PS3 users. You can record movies, take pictures, the cam has alot of affects aswell like on Macbooks and stuff, read up on it if you want here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Eye

Amazon now do free delivery's to Ireland on orders over 25 pounds, and would take around 3-5 working days....

Think i might get that deal soon enough

Np, Yes the camera is top notch, with an array of features, you can have video conferences with up to 6 other PS3 users. You can record movies, take pictures, the cam has alot of affects aswell like on Macbooks and stuff, read up on it if you want here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Eye

Amazon now do free delivery's to Ireland on orders over 25 pounds, and would take around 3-5 working days....

Think i might get that deal soon enough

I'll have to decide tonight if I'm willing to risk the 3-5 working days....

Twud be class to have it for the weekend.

Thanks again....*goes to thank posts*

I'll have to decide tonight if I'm willing to risk the 3-5 working days....

Twud be class to have it for the weekend.

Thanks again....*goes to thank posts*

Whats the big deal about waiting 3-5 days for it? are you trying to buy it as a birthday present or something?

I just........really want it Friday...... weekend rock band party! :D

I just........really want it Friday...... weekend rock band party! :D

So do i.. I just need my brother to come home to let me use him Visa card to order it. Give me a shout when you get it. By the way if your getting rock band you can get all the instruments for 40 euro in smyths!

So do i.. I just need my brother to come home to let me use him Visa card to order it. Give me a shout when you get it. By the way if your getting rock band you can get all the instruments for 40 euro in smyths!

Ya I saw that. A friend of mine got it for Xmas and i couldnt believe it was so cheap!
    To buy rock band 1or 2 tho.....:confused:

Ya I saw that. A friend of mine got it for Xmas and i couldnt believe it was so cheap!
    To buy rock band 1or 2 tho.....:confused:

Depends on price, 2 is probably better so if its cheaper get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

hey guys,
    at the start of Jan I was in Harvey norman in cork and the salesman said 120gb slim, spare controller and any game for €309.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Thats pretty damn good! hopefully there's some going like that in Dublin... hopefully gna pick one up this weeked :)

Advertisement