Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you check your thanks?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Pdfile wrote: »
    it was a 4chan reference.

Fair enough, I apologise for whatever it was I did wrong, but I think your crazy to make me write an essay for it. At the end of the day, you see me how you wanna see me. In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. A 'noob'.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours, the Outlaw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The admins frown on thank whoring to the point they can disable thanks for posters who abuse the system.

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Who's the most thanked boardsie and what's the most thanked post?

Here.
    Conor wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The admins frown on thank whoring to the point they can disable thanks for posters who abuse the system.

What is considered to be abusing the system? Just curious, I mean would making a post with the intention of garnering some thanks be gaming the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What is considered to be abusing the system? Just curious, I mean would making a post with the intention of garnering some thanks be gaming the system?

Can be yup, there were a few who set up thankswhoring threads which were then deleted and thier thanks were disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

*chill runs down spine*

• Advertisement

I mean would making a post with the intention of garnering some thanks be gaming the system?

Sure half of After Hours wouldn't have the ability to 'thank' if that was the case.

It should be though.

I don't mind funny quips or comments that arrive on a new thread but when they make fun or belittle the OP it f**ks me right off.

Especially when that post then gets a few dozen thanks.

jumpguy wrote: »
    *chill runs down spine*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

I can thank again :D:D:D

There's enough here for "everybody in the audiance" Could be yar new Sig:pac::pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That video's very slightly weird....

That video's very slightly weird....

Thank You!;)

• Advertisement

So nice you said it twice. And then ninja edited :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

a lot but im a loser any barely ever get thanked

ynotdu wrote: »
    There's enough here for "everybody in the audiance" Could be yar new Sig:pac::pac::)
    Sorry ynotdu, as tempted as I am because of your awesome Gay Byrne reference (Gay Byrne is my hero) I've been getting threatening mail recently, and yesterday I found my bike had been smashed up. I've also been getting silent calls recently. I think the admins are trying to send a message "stop the thanking" rocks have been flying through my windows recently. Nonetheless, the thanking will be toned down back to it's usual levels.

*cough*
    Thaedydal wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

my thank is empty...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i have never checked but i will now do i just click on my user name? to see to be honest i spend more times asking questions on the mobile forum than helping people

Sorry ynotdu, as tempted as I am because of your awesome Gay Byrne reference (Gay Byrne is my hero) I've been getting threatening mail recently, and yesterday I found my bike had been smashed up. I've also been getting silent calls recently. I think the admins are trying to send a message "stop the thanking" rocks have been flying through my windows recently. Nonetheless, the thanking will be toned down back to it's usual levels.

*cough*

Well well,there ya go,settle down people.....ok ok................a harley for Me?Kathleen said to Me................ You can roll it there Collette!.................

Your just a conformist begrudger now ar'nt ya?:(.........strikes jumpguy from xmas card list:p

ynotdu wrote: »
    Well well,there ya go,settle down people.....ok ok................a harley for Me?Kathleen said to Me................ You can roll it there Collette!.................

Your just a conformist begrudger now ar'nt ya?:(.........strikes jumpguy from xmas card list:p
    More Gay Byrne references...must...resist...thanking....

i have never checked but i will now do i just click on my user name? to see to be honest i spend more times asking questions on the mobile forum than helping people

Go to your profile and then statistics and all will be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Go to your profile and then statistics and all will be revealed.

just checked now 47 thanks out of 32 posts or something

I like been thanked, makes me feel 'excira and delira' ;)

• Advertisement

just checked now 47 thanks out of 32 posts or something

48 out of 33 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Twice a second.

Viva La France!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't really check my thanks. I post a lot in TLL and I tend to be back in the thread I've posted in and just see that I've been thanked!

There's a new option in your profile so you can display your 'thanks score' .. mine just came up.

<
    Look :)

Wooo hooo .. somebody wake up The JumpGuy :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Quite the tricky fox aint ya

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just checked 5 mins ago. Seems I got 1.

Sweet!

Thanks Confab!

- Drav!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

ever notice how the women boards people get about 1000 thanks for everything they write from the boards-nerds-never-getting-laid-troupe?

• Advertisement

Not really. I'd assume that only if naked pics were attached to all of their posts.

Advertisement