Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you check your thanks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Beasty wrote: »
    Why the hell would you ever need more than one of them?
    If you were using them in a class? You'd need about 30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Well say somebody walks into a room, and theres two people inside each with an abacus in their hands.
    The person walking in says, nice abici.
    So....they need them both to do addition together, cos they like it like that,

End story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Well say somebody walks into a room, and theres two people inside each with an abacus in their hands.
    The person walking in says, nice abici.
    So....they need them both to do addition together, cos they like it like that,

End story.

Hmm...

Hey Beasty do you want to come over to my house and do maths?

I'm lonely.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You are both wrong. Timbuk2's calculation is the total number of thanks per posts with thanks.

The correct way to look at it is total thanks per total posts

Jumpguy = 1119/2965 = 37.7403%
    Timbuk2 = 769/2079 = 36.9889%

So Jumpguy wins (just)

Ah feck it!

I should stop doing maths while drunk :o

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jako8 wrote: »
    Hmm...

Hey Beasty do you want to come over to my house and do maths?

I'm lonely.
    No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I like to see who agrees with me on certain topics, I'm not bothered if its just a joke I cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I didn't know you could actually check that. I just checked for the first time and I've been thanked 999 times. Now I'm gonna keep refreshing it till it hits 1000...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I have never checked my thanks before now. I only have 62...

The worst is if someone posts two of the same threads accidentally, and you post a joke in one of them straight away.
    Someone else posts the exact same joke 10 minutes later in the other thread and gets a billion thanks.

It's happened to me twice.. both times I died inside :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

cornbb wrote: »
    I didn't know you could actually check that. I just checked for the first time and I've been thanked 999 times. Now I'm gonna keep refreshing it till it hits 1000...

You're welcome :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

moonflower wrote: »
    I have never checked my thanks before now. I only have 62...
    Make that 63

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I love to thank!

/expects thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I love to thank!

/expects thanks
    I hate thanks.

Let the irony thanks ensue.

cornbb wrote: »
    Bet you think we're wankers for that.

I love to thank!
    So do I.

I'm a right thank-slag. If someone's quoted me, most the time I seem to thank it, even if they've insulted me!
    I give pity thanks aswell to people who seemed to have really tried with a joke but failed miserably :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

To juggle of course.... Doh !!!

brummytom wrote: »
    So do I.

I'm a right thank-slag. If someone's quoted me, most the time I seem to thank it, even if they've insulted me!
    I give pity thanks aswell to people who seemed to have really tried with a joke but failed miserably :pac:
    So if I was to say:

YO'RE VIRGINITY

Is that considered a joke and you'll thank me?

So do I.

/thanked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

is it really that important like some one agrees with you ?

is it really that important like some one agrees with you ?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I find it fucking hilarious how jumpguy can't thank a post until 2 more days and 15 minutes :D
    It's starting to eat me up inside. Going Christmas day without thanking is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. I thought I was way over my head...but I thought of the children...the children...

It's also annoying, because if I like a post I must reply with "+1" or "Haha!" or "lol" even if I don't want to post in the thread. :(
    He must have the record for most posts thanked in a single day though - over 500 on 28 November
    :D
    The worst is if someone posts two of the same threads accidentally, and you post a joke in one of them straight away.
    Someone else posts the exact same joke 10 minutes later in the other thread and gets a billion thanks.

It's happened to me twice.. both times I died inside :(
    LOL! +1

jumpguy wrote: »
    It's starting to eat me up inside. Going Christmas day without thanking is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. I thought I was way over my head...but I thought of the children...the children...

It's also annoying, because if I like a post I must reply with "+1" or "Haha!" or "lol" even if I don't want to post in the thread. :(

:D

LOL! +1
    Oh the ironyyyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Oh the ironyyyyy.
    Err...not intended...at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Yes.

wow so yo post anomissly on a forum and then want people to agree with you :eek: this worlds crazy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

what's the most thanked post on boards EVER?

Just one more thanks...I CAN HANDLE IT!!!

Biggin's Crumlin Children's Hospital post/Feeky's on grinds teacher/Terry naked

So if I was to say:

YO'RE VIRGINITY

Is that considered a joke and you'll thank me?
    I also thank people if they talk to me and I have no idea what to say back

One of Biggins' ones isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Luckily there isn't a thanks given and thanks recieved ratio! Most of the time I just click thanks because someone has the same thought as myself on a topic so no point repeated it and I'm just lazy! :p

Advertisement