Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you check your thanks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I checked it once out of curiosity when the thanks system was first introduced, but then I sort of forgot about it until I saw this thread when I checked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

jumpguy wrote: »
    After much consultation with the heads of state, Stephen Hawking, and Jako8, we've come to the conclusion that Timbuk2 is infact wrong.

You see Mr. Timbuk2, if you were correct. I'd have nearly double thanks to my post count. Two thanks for 1 post. You have the ratios the wrong way.

Calm down now people, CALM...

I'd like to apologize on my own behalf for removing the thanks. As it is, I can't really be bothered going back and adding it :o

Someday I'll just thank a random post, but when will it be?.... o_O

I'm not witty ebough to be thanked a lot. Also, I don't post nearly enough in After Hours to get the quantity of thanks.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I don't make any witty comments, therefore don't get any thanks.
    I don't check it as a result.
    Really though, I don't need appraisial from complete strangers to feel valued!!

I would like however a 'No Thanks' button, but it only seems to be about the positive aspects..........Grr @ wanting to make people feel good about themselves =)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I like your name so I thanked you. Now you will be compulsively checking to the end of your days for more. You are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I like your name so I thanked you. Now you will be compulsively checking to the end of your days for more. You are welcome.

Do you like mine?

*f5 f5 f5 f5*

• Advertisement

I won't actually :) But merci beaucoup anyway. I have many stripysocks - hence the name. Not 85 pairs though :P Although maybe................ :S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Ohhhh trés bien ma petite amie!

Aheh, I'm extremely bored, not even Spec Ops snow sniping is helping =[

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Do you like mine?

*f5 f5 f5 f5*
    Just thanksed your brains out Ivyslayer. :pac:
    I won't actually :) But merci beaucoup anyway. I have many stripysocks - hence the name. Not 85 pairs though :P Although maybe................ :S
    They all say they won't...but it will all change :p haha maybe not. Oui c'est ca.
    I had gathered you like stripy socks and were born in 85 with powers of desuction. I admit they are most awesome.

I had gathered you like stripy socks and were born in 85 with powers of desuction. I admit they are most awesome.

From your username, I gathered I don't understand anything about you at all.

Just thanksed your brains out Ivyslayer. :pac:

They all say they won't...but it will all change :p haha maybe not. Oui c'est ca.
    Would you not just call that 'blowing away'?

:pac:

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    He likes The Lord of the Rings ;)

Stripy socks are the most awesome? I guess not :( :P

I knew there was a reason why I should have finished it :rolleyes:
    Stripy socks are the most awesome? I guess not :( :P

Not your username! Tar.Aldarion's!

*laughs sheepishly* I quoted incorrectly. Boo at me! Bedtime I reckon.

It's not in that trilogy anyway!
    Well it's a book along that vein.

Desuction is now my favourite word!

It's not in that trilogy anyway!

Well it's a book along that vein.

Desuction is now my favourite word!

Yes, I've been researching. I'm pretty sure I have Unfinished Tales upstairs somewhere... We have loads of the books outside the trilogy. My Dad and my brother were really into it for a while.

Yes, I've been researching. I'm pretty sure I have Unfinished Tales upstairs somewhere... We have loads of the books outside the trilogy. My Dad and my brother were really into it for a while.
    They are more like history books than anything! My housemates copy is being used as a doorstop I think!

They are more like history books than anything! My housemates copy is being used as a doorstop I think!
    Don't mind him, he just googled.

I feel cheated!

I feel cheated!
    No, you got that wrong, he cheated, not you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Never.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Never.
    I thanked you just because I laugh everytime I see your name :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've not checked it up until this point...*scurries off to find out what it says, and edit post with result:P*

302 in 210 posts or something like that...meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Whoeever did not select either of the first two options are clearly lying! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Jakkass wrote: »
    Whoeever did not select either of the first two options are clearly lying! :pac:
    I'm thinking the same. How can someone never check their thanks if they know the system exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

jumpguy wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same. How can someone never check their thanks if they know the system exists?

There's a thanks virgin amongst us.

Rather that than a thanks whore.:pac:

There's a thanks virgin amongst us.

Rather that than a thanks whore.:pac:
    brummytom :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Was there an option for "I only checked it once"?

I ticked the Never+don't know how many thanks I have now. Haven't a friggin clue how many I have!

I looked at it away back when I first started on boards due to exploring the site and what all was going on!
    Since then I haven't bothered.

It's all about giving thanks to people! Like someones signature says :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

I've never checked mine, don't know how too and don't even know if I've ever got any!!! Tell me how so I can go check it????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

gypsygirl wrote: »
    I've never checked mine, don't know how too and don't even know if I've ever got any!!! Tell me how so I can go check it????

I think I said it to someone earlier in this thread. Go to your profile, click the 'Statistics' tab. You've got 23, in 12 posts

Advertisement