Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compaq computer wont boot up

• 25-12-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hey I can get power into the machine, it starts spinning then there is a one second beep followed by another every 4 seconds..it never does anything and I dont get any picture on the monitor. I have checked the monitor on another PC and its fine, I have also tried taking out the memory and the battery and refitting them, all cables into the drives checked too. no discs in the optical drives, Any ideas? Cold booting does nothing but repeat the process.

Compaq single core AMD A64 processor 2800MHZ 4 year old machine 1GB ram

its ruined christmas :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Im not sure but i think it might be a hard disk failure, hopefully someone else will give a more optimistic solution but bad timing for you if they cant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭DRice

thanks , none of the ones in the compaq lists seem to correspond to my beeps, i have repeating beeps 4 seconds apart ad-infinitim...but repeatingbeeps corresponds to bad or bad seated memory on one of the other lists so i might try that ....there are two ram chips 500mb each if take one out try it and then try the other will it work?

as you can see i am no expert , i have old laptop to keep me going, that can only do one thing at once lol etc so i am totally in the jocker for the next few days

...oh and i have most of my data backed up hence lack of panic on the harddisc front...but i want me computer back

...and we're back, looking into the machine again one of the Ram sticks wasnt clipped in, i clipped it in...and i am now typing this message from the said previously feckered machine :D

Happy Christmas, thanks , goodnight, keep the change..

• Advertisement
Advertisement