Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's Clothes Shops?

Options
  • 25-12-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

What are some decent men's clothes shops in town? Even better if they've a sale starting soon. It's been a while since I've I've been in and a lot of new shops seemed to have opened in the mean time.

I need to get a few pairs of jeans and maybe some shirts too.

Jack&Jones is the only one I've come up with thus far. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

NEXT do fairly decent mens clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Have a look around Opera Lane, Riverisland, Gentlemens Quarter and Debenhams.

All i can thing of off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Brown Thomas usually has a great January sale and their stuff is decent. French Connection on Patrick Street and Mahon Point can have some very nice stuff too (albeit not as nice as it was). By buying in these shops you can get good quality clothes that will last, and won't go out of fashion next week. Jack and Jones and most of the stuff in Debenhams is just horrible - and you'll look like every other bugger in town. Gentleman's Quarters/Quills don't really appeal to me at all - just think their stuff is very plain. Next is alright I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

French Connection do usually have some nice stuff but, judging by my own experiences, the quality aint that great. A number of items I've bought there have inexplicably fallen apart. Their prices don't at all reflect the quality of their product. Next tends to be quite conservative and for the slightly older male. My favourite places would be Topman, H&M and River Island which are all on Opera Lane and Zara which is in Mahon Point. They're all pretty good and sometimes very reasonable for both casual and formal wear. New Look is due to open in a couple of weeks. They tend to sell the same stock or similar to Topman. Happy shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Lemag wrote: »
    French Connection do usually have some nice stuff but, judging by my own experiences, the quality aint that great.

The quality of their clothes has definitely taken a huge step backwards in recent years. They were always renowned for excellent quality. I have an old FC top and you just couldn't compare it to todays stuff. It's so heavy it takes ages to dry it. I still like a lot of their designs though. Zara have some nice stuff too and can be great value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Thanks guys.

I'll be sure to check those places out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Debenhams have sale on in jeans - got three pairs myself last night ;o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bigoldie01

does anyone know where to buy a pair of chords in cork, in particular the kinda baggy ones you see students wearing with the logo on the back pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

i'd +1

H & M
    Next
    River Island
    The Gentlemans Quaters have baggy Hilfiger chords
    There's a place on Washington St. that defo have baggy chords aswell

Depending on what you're looking for, i'd say have a look in Saville. Some very nice threads in there at times but you'll pay for 'em!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

bigoldie01 wrote: »
    does anyone know where to buy a pair of chords in cork, in particular the kinda baggy ones you see students wearing with the logo on the back pocket?

tubes..

• Advertisement
Advertisement