Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 anyone?

• 26-12-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

I got the Nokia 5530 Express Music phone for Christmas and I am wondering if anyone knows how I can change the settings so when I receive a message the sender's name shows up under "1 message received".

The 5530 is an upgrade to my old phone and the old phone had that function. The manual is of no help.

Thanks,
    Poms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

your 5530 is, allegedly, a SMART phone, this means it doesnt do obvious things a regular phone does.

Personally I'd like to know if you've encountered any problems with it? i was on the nokia support forums earlier and a software update has been released for it. which if you have wifi at home you can download at ease. press *#0000# and click on options followed by update software.

I know someone who had freezing problems but everyone else i know has had nothing but good things to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I take it your old phone was a S40 operating system? where the 5530 is S60, and S60 phones dont display the name like series 40 do unfortunately for you. Its not on an option basis to the best of my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

Ah thanks so much for your help x

Advertisement