Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart telecom unusable

• 26-12-2009 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I have been with smart telecom for about 6-7months now. in the begining i was on the 7mb package and had interleaving turned off. line was stable and never dropped etc. I started doing alot more downloading so i took a chance that my line could handle 12mb with the interleaving still turned off. at first it was fine no problems wat so ever. then the dsl started to drop randomly. i left this for a while but the problem became worse. it was litrally dropping every couple of minutes or so and could be gone for up to 5 minutes. somedays were worse than others. then recently i decided to drop the line in the hope of stopping or at least improving this situation. i went to the 9mb and it seems to have gotten even worse again. i litrally get online for 1 out of every 5 minutes. I was expecting this change to nearly fix the problem. as i use the line for gaming mostly this is a real pain. have spoken to ppl in smart but they werent exactly helpful! would prefere not to turn interleaving back on.
    also does this rediculously bad level of connection count as being bad enough to say that they arent supplying wat i'm paying for. just gettin pissed off payin for such a **** product.

thanks

Advertisement