Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand new broken game .....

Options
  • 26-12-2009 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Got an elite with forza 3 and fallout 3 goty with wireless adapter . Played forza for a while then went to install fallout 3 to my hardrive.Went downstairs and came back up expecting the game to be installed but apperently it was un-readable.Took the disk out and found a nice little chip in it.Obviously not caused by the xbox as the rest was spanking new .

Something always goes wrong eh?

P.s Add me on Live - BMW M PEPE , Looking for a drift team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You have to install console games now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bizmark wrote: »
    You have to install console games now ?
    On the PS3 and 360 afaik, yes you do.

We had to sit there for 20 minutes watching Armored Core install itself. So much fun! >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

you may as well buy yourself a decent PC these days as the differences are diminishing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

You don't have to install them it's just an option. It improves loading times and reduces the noise from the DVD drive. Having said that, this past year I've played more pc games than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Doesn't the 360 do that to games (wrecks them) if the console is moved whilst a game is inside it (on or off).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

And it has every right to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

noodler wrote: »
    Doesn't the 360 do that to games (wrecks them) if the console is moved whilst a game is inside it (on or off).

Yeah and I've read of a few cases were the machine scratched the disc without being moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Overheal wrote: »
    On the PS3 and 360 afaik, yes you do.

We had to sit there for 20 minutes watching Armored Core install itself. So much fun! >_>

As a minor sideline, was it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

efla wrote: »
    As a minor sideline, was it any good?
    Theyve totally redesigned the control interface for For Answer. as a long time Core fan, I was a little disappointed with that. didnt play it very long but it was at a friends. I suppose its probably the same old Core just faster and shinier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Overheal wrote: »
    Theyve totally redesigned the control interface for For Answer. as a long time Core fan, I was a little disappointed with that. didnt play it very long but it was at a friends. I suppose its probably the same old Core just faster and shinier.

Thanks for the reminder - been playing since ps1, meaning to buy for a while

• Advertisement
Advertisement