Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zune 2nd Gen 8GB

• 26-12-2009 3:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭

i am thinking of getting one of these.

i am wondering if it s really good or not

if not what would be good (not ipod) for around 80 euro.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone would like to know as soon as possible.

oh and i just listen to music and some podcasts
    welcomes a fm radio
    must have a color screen
    good sound quality

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Small screen, nice GUI though. Good SQ. You'll have to use zune software on your computer, which is pretty decent. Not sure if you can buy the zune on amazon.co.uk as the Zune range isn't officially availble outside of North America.

thanks

how would it compare to the Creative Zen MX

is the zune better

i'm torn between these two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm a big Zune fan. Nice machines, great UI and the Zune software is so much better and easier to deal with than iTunes. The only downside if the European store lock out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    thanks

how would it compare to the Creative Zen MX

is the zune better

i'm torn between these two

In my mind there's no competition, the two shouldn't be compared, the zune is a much higher quality player, the Z:MX is what it is - a good value budget player.

• Advertisement

cheers for all the help guys

looks like i will go for the zune

just an update i have bought a Zune 2nd Gen 8GB on ebay for 79 euro

i also got a free leather case with it

here is a link if anyone is interested

Zune 2nd Gen 8GB

guys i have another question maybe ye can help me out

i heard that the earphones you get with the zune 8gb are crap.

so i went looking for ear phone and i came across the zune premium headphones

i went on ebay and found them for E20

i am wondering are these any good if not can you recommend ones that are for around 20-30 euro

thanks

EDIT- i was looking on amazon.co.uk and came across Sennheiser CX300 Eco Black for £10.99 (E13.12) inc. vat
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000S8EUNM/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p23_t4?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=04RDK3H50DZ25MG85HJ7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

i have heard that these are good are these better then the zune ones

Just about all stock headphones (the ones that come free with mp3 players) suck.

Have a look at this thread for headphone advice: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054878213&page=8

The senn's you've linked to are great for their price but what you've got to be careful of are fakes, the cx300's are notorious for being cloned so only by from a reputable seller.

do you know anything about the zune premium earphones.

• Advertisement

Nope, I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

guys i have another question maybe ye can help me out

i heard that the earphones you get with the zune 8gb are crap.

so i went looking for ear phone and i came across the zune premium headphones

i went on ebay and found them for E20

i am wondering are these any good if not can you recommend ones that are for around 20-30 euro

thanks

EDIT- i was looking on amazon.co.uk and came across Sennheiser CX300 Eco Black for £10.99 (E13.12) inc. vat
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000S8EUNM/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p23_t4?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=04RDK3H50DZ25MG85HJ7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

i have heard that these are good are these better then the zune ones

I've had a first gen Zune 30gb for a few years and have just ordered the ZuneHD.

The standard headphones are a comparable quality to the standard iPod earphones. I bought the v1 premium earphones with my zune and I they're the best in-ear headphones I've ever owned: excellent sound quality, comfortable fit and very good noise isolating.

The standard earphones should be fine but I'd recommend the premium ones, especially if they're only €20.

dead air wrote: »
    I've had a first gen Zune 30gb for a few years and have just ordered the ZuneHD.

The standard headphones are a comparable quality to the standard iPod earphones. I bought the v1 premium earphones with my zune and I they're the best in-ear headphones I've ever owned: excellent sound quality, comfortable fit and very good noise isolating.

The standard earphones should be fine but I'd recommend the premium ones, especially if they're only €20.

i ended up getting a pair of Philips SHE6000 for 29.99 in hmv

they have pretty good sound
    and very comfy

and they look cool

i will be getting my zune tomorrow post man try to deliver it yesterday but i wasn't home so i will be collect it today

cant wait

have been without a mp3 player for 3 weeks now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

If you dont mind, once you have your zune a few days and fully working will you throw up a bit of a review here? I am in the hunt for a similar price / spec mp3 player and would be interested in hearing how you get on!

I am trying to decide between getting one of these or the Creative Zen x-fi 8Gb, which is similar price.

gucci wrote: »
    If you dont mind, once you have your zune a few days and fully working will you throw up a bit of a review here? I am in the hunt for a similar price / spec mp3 player and would be interested in hearing how you get on!

I am trying to decide between getting one of these or the Creative Zen x-fi 8Gb, which is similar price.

when i get the time i will

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've been using an 8GB Zune for two years now. Its been a great little device. If you set your PC to the US region then you can gain access to the Zune Marketplace. You won't be able to purchase songs but you will be able to access the podcast features.

I have the Zune Premium Headphones as well. They have pretty good sound quality though the cloth cover on the wire did fray quite easily.

ok i have had the zune a few days now

heres what i think of it

1. it has a nice design and feel to it
    2. the screen is clear
    3. the menu is simple and easy to use
    4. i like the touch pad (zune pad) its easier then pressing a button everytime you want to select a song.
    5. the choice of the touch pad or buttons is good.
    6. sound is clear
    7. the radio is ok
    8. i will update when i need to recharge i use it for about 1 hour every day.
    9.it displays album art

one the that annoys me is with the leather case i got with it the flap keeps closing so i need to hold it with my hand to keep it open

anymore questions just ask

ok i have had the zune a few days now

heres what i think of it

1. it has a nice design and feel to it
    2. the screen is clear
    3. the menu is simple and easy to use
    4. i like the touch pad (zune pad) its easier then pressing a button everytime you want to select a song.
    5. the choice of the touch pad or buttons is good.
    6. sound is clear
    7. the radio is ok
    8. i will update when i need to recharge i use it for about 1 hour every day.
    9.it displays album art

one the that annoys me is with the leather case i got with it the flap keeps closing so i need to hold it with my hand to keep it open

anymore questions just ask

one thing make sure you turn off the zune fully by pressing the back button and the down at the same time

if you just hold the play button the play goes into sleep mode and still uses the battery

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've found the standby time to pretty good on mine so hardly ever need to turn it off fully. The girlfiend has one of the 80 GB Zunes with a hard drive. For that the battery isnt quite as good so i'd say you should probably turn that one off.

Advertisement