Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Placing a 7" monitor in a Case

• 26-12-2009 3:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

i have been wondering for awhile on placing a 7" monitor in my case.

firstly i cannot find anywhere that sells something like this other than on that connect into a drive bay.

Secondly where does it connect it pci-e? usb what where does it get power and info does it need a vga cable?

example:
    http://www.krunker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/voodoo-omen-thumb.jpg

the screen can be seen clearly on the fron which is something like what i wish to do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

You need to be prepared for some modding to say the least. I don't think that there are many products like this, that are "plug 'n' play".
    It will probably have a VGA cable that will have to be re-routed to the back/outside of your case and a power source that may be a power-brick (like the ones laptops have) which will also involve some modding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You do know that thing needs a 7" drive bay?! :eek: Not many PCs have one of those... all of about one model of Thermaltake case, funnily enough! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

yeah was lookin at them awhile ago but they are not what i am looking for thanks though. was looking for something on the side of the case rather than the front but was using the voodoo case as an inlustration.

thanks for the help though

Advertisement