Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tantalisingly Tasty Recipes!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm gonna bump this (yet again) because these are AMAZING! Seriously, any one who can bake has to try them. Serious nommage.

Chocolate Whoopie Pies

Ingredients
    For the sponge
    1 large egg
    150g caster sugar
    125g plain yoghurt
    25ml whole milk
    1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
    75g unsalted butter, melted
    200g plain flour
    80g cocoa powder
    3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder

For the filling
    170g unsalted butter, softened
    280g icing sugar
    220g vanilla marshmallow fluff

Method
    1. Using a hand held electric whisk cream the egg and sugar until pale and fluffy.

2. Pour the yoghurt, milk and vanilla essence into a jug and stir together.

3. Add to the egg and sugar mixture.

4. Add the melted butter.

5. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder together. Then add to the creamed mixture in two batches, mixing well after each addition.

6. Place the batter in the fridge to cool for 20-30 minutes.
    7. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Spoon the batter onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Divide the mixture in 16-20 mounds, each being 3-5cm in diameter with 2-3 cm between each mound.

8. Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before sandwiching together.

9. Using an electric whisk mix together the butter and sugar on slow speed until combined.

10. Add the marshmallow fluff and lightly mix in, then increase the speed to high and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up slightly.

11. To assemble, take one of the sponges and spread about 1 tablespoon of the filling on the flat side of the cake, and sandwich together.

FEA70CA403664C85A033D33421894AB9-0000316660-0002307379-00500L-FA6586E3EEA0447C968A8BE3AFA9F115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Oh wow. Wow. They look amazing Kate!

Can I give you a challenge? How do you feel about challenges?
    Hopefully the answer is "really, really good".
    Right. Devise a recipe for something properly ah-mazing and dessert-y which has no dairy in it. Also, feed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

challenge-accepted.png

I'm working today and tomorrow, but I'll attempt something during the week :)

Advertisement