Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Ultra Rapidshare downloading problem

• 26-12-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using Internet download Manager with UPC 20mb ultra. When downloading, IDM downloads 4 files simultaneously. S if we had 10 flile segments. IDM will download 4 parts, once completed, mocve onto the next 4 and so on. The problem is that download always starts fine. Speeds in the region of 600mb/s for each of the 4 file parts ( in effect gaining in excess of 2.0Mb per sec which is consistent I believe with 20Mb package ). However, the download weakens significantly, at some points to a to a halt, towards the latter half of download. Any ideas ? Could this be determined as throttling ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

could be problems with some of rapidshare servers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

im having the same problem on a 3mb line.

I cant get over 30-40kb download , some times it flys at 300+ but shortly after it crawls.

i don't think its rapidshare because my browser grinds to a halt, also when i jump onto my neighbours (unsecured) eircom line it flys down , only problem is they don't leave their router on.

I rang UPC last week and they fobbed me off saying the line needs upgrading due to new subscribers in the area and they gave me a €3 credit on my bill.

When i jump onto my neighbours (unsecurred) eircom line it flys down , only problem is they don't leave their router on.

its really bugging me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

We're getting shafted. I can smell it.
    eoinf wrote: »
    im having the same problem on a 3mb line.

I cant get over 30-40kb download , some times it flys at 300+ but shortly after it crawls.

i don't think its rapidshare because my browser grinds to a halt, also when i jump onto my neighbours (unsecured) eircom line it flys down , only problem is they don't leave their router on.

I rang UPC last week and they fobbed me off saying the line needs upgrading due to new subscribers in the area and they gave me a €3 credit on my bill.

When i jump onto my neighbours (unsecurred) eircom line it flys down , only problem is they don't leave their router on.

its really bugging me.

Advertisement