Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how did it go?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

My two went off to bed at 8pm on Christmas Eve and declared that they didn't even want a bedtime story ie the sooner they would get to sleep the sooner the morning would come :). The morning didn't start too early and both are delighted with their presents. Off course they have far too much stuff and so far the boy is getting most mileage out of a robot toy thingy that doesn't even have batteries or em.. do anything (cost €20 something) and the girl is spending most time creating things with wammys (again €20 something). Both behaving well so far, sharing and playing well together and agreeing on what dvd to watch etc. I may just have jinxed my self by saying that but so far so good :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

My 2 girls also went to bed at 8pm. the only funny thing was I had to wake them to get up, I was awake since 6am begging the wife to let me wake them, she wouldn't let me but when there was still no sign of movement at 8am my wife gave me the nod :D
    Can't believe I had to wake them. They loved all their toys and have been so good playing together (ages 4&6), only problem is santa got them a ps3 Highschool musical singing game, so they've been arguing with me a little over who rules the PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Went very well. 3 year old didn't go to bed till 11pm but went to sleep quickly and was very happy with his presents when he woke up the next morning (Duplo Fire Station and some books).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

My 6-year-old had last minute nerves about Santa coming into her room, so we had to write a note to ask him to leave the stuff downstairs and not come upstairs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

late to bed xmas eve as ds was in church choir (he's 4), woke about 8am and ran to living room to see if santa had been, came to wake us up then. he was shaking with excitement.. not over the presents but over his stocking, which had a thomas kinder egg, kinder santa choc and an orange!! he got a toy cat that purred etc (30 euro)... and he has hardly put it down since then..
    just goes to show you that you don't have to spend a fortune on them...
    having great fun now curled up in our jimmy jams watching dvd's and having cuddles.
    Happy Christmas everyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

mine went to bed at 8pm, we stayed in my mams so we were in a bed together, at about 7.30am she crawled over me and checked to see if he had come then came to wake me and we woke the whole house then :)
    i think he brought too much, must have a chat with him :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement