Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hit and run yesterday.

• 26-12-2009 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Lovely start to christmas. Yesterday at about 5:30 I went out and someone had run into the side of my car and drove off, I had it parked on the road about 30-40 feet from a corner in the ice :(.

Huge dents in the front and rear wheel arches and the drivers side doors.

Called the guards and an hour and a half later they turn up took a statement and then the usual "not much we can do" :mad:

Am I likely to hear anything back? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Pretty unlikely but you do now have a Garda report which means that if you decide to go down the Insurance route then you are already a step ahead.

However, I feel your pain. What a b*tch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Phil 5 bellies

Yeah, thats what they said, to help with insurance claims. But to top it off I'm not fully comp and I'm 19 so this sh1te is the last thing I need. :mad:

Still though its only an old omega worth about 1500 tops. Doubt it will be worth repairing unless I can get some panels from a scrapyard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Try going down this route of claiming for being hit by an unidentified vehicle.

http://www.mibi.ie/uninsured-unidentifi.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Phil 5 bellies

Berty wrote: »
    Try going down this route of claiming for being hit by an unidentified vehicle.

http://www.mibi.ie/uninsured-unidentifi.html

Cheers, will have a look. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

MIBI deal with claims for personal injuries from such accidents.
    The OP can't use the MIBI here
    It is not always possible to claim compensation for vehicle or property damage under the MIBI compensation scheme. Where the offending vehicle is not identified there is no provision in the 1988 or the 2004 MIBI Agreements to recover losses for vehicle or property damage. The 2009 Agreement introduced compensation for vehicle or property damage against an unidentified vehicle where there are significant personal injuries arising from the same accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭lostdesign

Have a look around your estate/road and see if there are any other cars damaged, chances are they live locally depending on the road you had your car parked!

If you find a damaged car, might be worth knocking in and sussing them out as in "my car got hit, you didn't see anything by any chance"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Just go around putting bricks through peoples windows, eventually you're bound to put a brick through the window of the person who hit your car :D

For the stupids out there, i'm joking :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Just go around putting bricks through peoples windows, eventually you're bound to put a brick through the window of the person who hit your car :D

For the stupids out there, i'm joking :pac:

lol.... yer username suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

Hi ! Just wondering did you get anywhere with your accident? I was hit new years eve by a manic driver who bashed into me and drove off leaving around 2 - 3 grands work to my car. needless to say my head is wreaked and dont seem to get anywhere with the garda's or MIBI. just wondering how you got on???

Advertisement