Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access To Arts Via Fetac Level 5

Options
  • 26-12-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi,
    Last year i done the LC and Got 325 without failing anything. i didnt get into arts and have been working since. i still wish to pursue this course and want to go through the liberal arts course in rathmines college. im confident i can ace this course with hard work. on the ucd website it say only places are held for fetac applicants. do you know what the odds are of me getting in with this course?

if you have any further info on this your words would be appreciated.

cheers,
    gary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I can't answer your question, but would you not be better off just repeating your leaving cert?

Considering you got 325 first time around and didn't fail anything, surely a year of hard work and an extra year doing the leaving cert would be worth at least another 100 points to you?

That sounds like a safer option to me and probably better to you in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Make contact with the powers in the UCD Arts course. Ring them up and explain who you are and that you'd like to apply. Ask them which course would allow you to get in.

Don't base these kinds of decisions on boards :)

I'd personally avoid redoing the leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

yeah, theres no way i'm going through the hell that is the LC. it says on myucd.ie that this course is accepted and 25 places are held. these places are applied for through the CAO but you dont compete with LC students. do you think its worth a pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

You really should ring the head of the course up (Not admissions or any form of administrator staff). As far as I can remember UCD arts is the biggest course going in hte country as far as student numbers. Therefore they are far more likely to be flexible than something more competitive.

Advertisement