Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food you have grown to like recently

Options
  • 26-12-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to be experimental with food and have noticed that there are some foods I thought I didn't like but had never actually tased properly and do like now.

Three things that come to mind are leeks, asparagus and avocados.

Is there any you thought you didn't like but have discovered recently that you do? I'm wondering what else I'm missing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I'm starting to like the stronger tasting foods like goat's cheese and olives. I tasted them as a child and didn't like them but have revisited them both recently as an adult and I'm really starting to like them.

I think some of my taste buds must have died over the last 20 years and stronger tasting foods are now more accessible to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cheese
    Beetroot (not the pickled kind)
    Gerkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Until recently I would have avoided offal in all forms, but recently have become a massive fan of foie gras, pâté, and a really good steak and kidney pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Prawns and (not together) cream.
    Used to hate both when I was younger, now I love prawns - nyom!
    And I can tolerate cream, only small amounts and only on certain things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In recent years, I have started eating: Fish, avocados, cream, venison, and probably lots of other things that I can't remember because they haven't been mentioned here yet :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Faith wrote: »
    In recent years, I have started eating: Fish, avocados, cream, venison, and probably lots of other things that I can't remember because they haven't been mentioned here yet :).

Oooh Venison? :P.

Whats that like?
    Might taste it, its 5 quid at Lidl in Wales, might indulge in some when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

At the moment there is something fishy going on as i cant get enough of salmons, crab meat, tuna or prawns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

peppers. jalapeno peppers. cajun chicken. Onions. bolognese, few more i cant think of

Advertisement