Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Santa delivered the goods

• 26-12-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Well he did for me anyway. Got my Canon 40D from him yesterday. Looking forward to taking some really good shots with this. :D

Anyone else have new additions to their camera bags since yesterday ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Picked up a second hand sigma 18-50mm f2.8 that really should have waiting until the 25th (it didn't!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I got a remote trigger and a few new memory cards.

GF got a new P&S from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

I got Canon 450D with a free training course, bag and 8GB memory card, my first DSLR so really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i got a bunch of notes, oh yea and a trip to warehousexpress next week!!!!

must remember to not take the business chequebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Got a 500d with 18-55 kit lens, Vanguard bag and a Tamrom 70-300 f4-5.6. Yae!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

got a Nissan speedlite Di622, my first ever flash so happy days. Looking o get a nifty 50 soon and i'll be snapping for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Got a sigma 70-300 lens and a lowepro backpack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Santa gave me some mula towards my trip to b&h next month.

And I've developed a bit of a crush on a certain 24-105 canon lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

1.4 50mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

red_ice wrote: »
    1.4 50mm

Same here, plus a nice light tripod and a HD JVC Everio Camcorder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 yiorgos

I got a Canon 1000D with a bag and an 8 gig memory card. It is my first DSLR too and I am delighted with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I got my Minolta back and the Leica as a lifetime loan (it was my grandfathers), and Santa brought a new Slik tripod AND a Manfrotto monopod (wasn't expecting either but wanted both).
    Picked myself up a SB-600, a camera bag, a IR remote for the Nikons, and a couple other bits.
    OH, yeah and one of these.

Still hunting for the elusive reasonably priced SX-70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭WedPhoto

I got me 2x16gb sandisk extreme 3 and a 1TB western digital hdd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

my bank account is still in shock after Santas pre Christmas Nikon 17 - 55 purchase - hope it proves good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

got a Nissan speedlite Di622, my first ever flash so happy days. Looking o get a nifty 50 soon and i'll be snapping for a while

Got a nifty 50 1.4 in Jessops in Newry Northern Ireland last week.

Cost me €320

Is magical

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭opti76

i got a 50mm 2.8

im a happy bunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

We want to see photos from all you lads and lasses now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    We want to see photos from all you lads and lasses now.
    I've already posted one... And you've already thanked it:D

Me messing with slow shutter speed and attempting to write "Xmas" in the air with my phone screen!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Santa brought me loads so I must have been really good this year.
    Two books by Bryan Peterson and the collection of photos from the "Photographing New York) exhibition in the IMMA at the monment - that is CLASS with a big C, big L and a big ASS.
    Also got me a 75-300mm USM Canon lens - sweet:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

milos wrote: »
    Got a nifty 50 1.4 in Jessops in Newry Northern Ireland

Glad you clarified that you didn't buy it in Newry, Maine which would, of course, have been the obvious conclusion of any Irish reader. Is there a sarcasm emoticon?

Best of luck with it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 broad_sword

Got a Sekonic L358 light meter.... so far so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

New Lowepro bag for me.
    Delighted with it apart from the fact that it doesn't have a monopod holder/strap. McGyver time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

milos wrote: »
    Got a nifty 50 1.4 in Jessops in Newry Northern Ireland last week.

Cost me €320

Is magical

Enjoy

I got the 1.8 version for 120 euro. Well, the girlfriend did. Is there a huge difference between the two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Got a Canon S90. 265 euros in the US, local shop in Galway selling it for 520!
    Also got 2 Bryan Peterson books.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GavinZac

denat wrote: »
    Glad you clarified that you didn't buy it in Newry, Maine which would, of course, have been the obvious conclusion of any Irish reader. Is there a sarcasm emoticon?

Best of luck with it anyway.

Some people might not have known where Newry was at all, let alone that there's one in Maine too.

Not many, like, but I know a few heads this far south who aren't aware of various towns around N.I.

Santa brought nothing camera related for me, except permission to take a few snaps of the fiancee :D but I did help Santa out by giving a friend an old Minolta 35mm film camera that I had lying around unused :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Promac wrote: »
    I got the 1.8 version for 120 euro. Well, the girlfriend did. Is there a huge difference between the two?
    F.14 has USM (ultra sonic motor) and is a more sturdy build, but you can't fault the 1.8 for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Hubby got me the 70-200mm lens for my canon 50d and the canon Ixus 100 for keeping in my handbag. lol. Dying to get out with my news lens and give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

photobox published by Thames Hudson - looks like a cracking compendium

Not quite santa, but i splashed out and it arrived 2 days before christmas (so it probably counts) on a second hand book - "Shaw on Photography" which cost me the princely sum of £4.75 including postage. I never knew about GB Shaw's interest in photography. I'm enjoying having a read of the commentary and arguments of the high, middle, and low brow of the photographic society of the 1890's and after. It appears not much changes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

I just got a Canon 450D, now I just have to figure out how to work it......

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Rb wrote: »
    F.14 has USM (ultra sonic motor) and is a more sturdy build, but you can't fault the 1.8 for the price.

It's a MICRO USM, not the full blown one. It's made of plastic and from reading reports is prone to give up the ghost a bit too easy. Picture quality is excellent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

Loving my new 18-200mm VR, its the business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Got a Manfrotto 055Xprob tripod and 808Rc4 head and bag :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Santa was generous already last few weeks before Christmas, so 24" of pleasure is in front of my eyes.
    And Santa delivered old 300D (or was it 250D?) with kit lense and card reader to lucky person that is jumping over the moon last few days. I love being Santa. I wish I could travel a little more... (Joke for those who know.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Sineadw, same tripod and head that I have. icon14.gif
    Santa brought me a nikon FG along with its companion SB-23, what he's been doing with it for the last 25 years I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

30D+Grip+580EXII flash, I was a very good boy.:D:D:D
    I got none of these on the day but it still counts !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Took a trip into Conns the other day and picked up a 5 in 1 reflector, off body flash cord and a couple of weather proof plastic camera bags. Oh and 3 rolls of colour film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

I was delighted to get a flash, a UV lens filter, a lens clearning cloth, a pop-up studio box with different coloured inserts (for the product photos I take) and a book on photographic lighting. Can't wait to play with it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Got a 1TB external hdd so that I now can change to RAW (maybe for now only to see what exactly that means;)) but definitely should have enough space for new pics - if I find the time to take some:o

And got a tripod. When's the next nightwalk???

Not exactly a christmas present but as my father doesn't use it anymore: got his Voigtlaender VITO BL. When's the next film meet??? (will search the net for a manual now...)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Santa brought a Canon 450D and a nifty fifty 1.8.

Now I have to think of things to take pictures of, I'm hoping to get inspiration for my birthday :pac:

Advertisement