Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question about upscaling

• 26-12-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking around for a starter home cinema system. I want it to be fairly future proof and had the Sony STR-DH800 in mind. A niggling doubt I have is that it does not upscale, which someone has told me means it will only work with a HD source. Is this true? I need it to work with a Popcorn hour and DVD player.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

It does not look like an up convert rather a pass thru so it might cross process
    No issue for your PHC but might be for your DVD.
    Yes not a "future proof" amp but relatively good value for money.

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

Cheers. Went ahead and bought this. Everything works perfectly. DVD picture goes directly to TV and audio goes through the receiver. Kind of obvious now that I think about it seeing as a DVD player has no HDMI :)

Advertisement