Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Killed Archie Mitchell

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Grant
    Alessandra wrote: »
    Is RTE going to play the live ep at the exact same time as BBC or will there be a delay? Usually RTE starts first if I recall? Obviously they can't have ad breaks tonight?

Hard to say it just says 8pm on the RTE website.

More juice:
    It has been revealed that the actor or actress who plays the character who killed Archie Mitchell on 'Eastenders' will only be told 30 minutes before tonight's live show.

Digital Spy reports that the moment when leading producer Diederick Santer informs the star will be filmed for BBC Three's 'Eastenders Live: The Aftermath'. The show will be presented by George Lamb, the TV presenter son of Larry Lamb who played Albert Square's most recent villain Archie.

Archie was beaten to death with the bust of Queen Victoria in the pub on Christmas Day and the identity of the killer has remained a closely guarded secret with not even the cast knowing who's the one.

Currently only seven people know the true identity of the killer just hours before the live show which will mark 25 years of the popular BBC soap.
    Writers on the soap have written 10 possible endings with each actor rehearsing their scene, not knowing which will be chosen on the night.
    Suspects include Peggy Mitchell (Barbara Windsor), Janine Butcher (Charlie Brooks), Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt), Bradley Branning (Charlie Clements) and barmaid Tracey (Jane Slaughter).

'Eastenders Live: The Aftermath' can be seen on BBC Three tonight from 8.30pm.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0219/eastenders1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Grant
    I think Roxy is the killer but Bradley will be blamed

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭flames

Has anyone suspected that it might be Nick Cotton ... Dot was mentioning him at the wedding .... and he is bad enough to do it ...
    Was he in the square christmas checking up on little dotty maybe he was and he was trying to blackmail Archie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Tracey
    phasers wrote: »
    My money's on Bradley cos the Mitchells are a bit too obvious and Charlie Clements is leaving the show soon

It would be pretty funny if it was Ben though :D

Nah.....
    he kills himself tonight - apparently while the cops are en route to arrest him for the murder. The real killer won't reveal themselves until it's already too late! lol! It'll be a "Bradley! Don't do it! I'M THE REAL KILLER"....... when he's already falling from the roof!
    It's too obvious that Bradley would be the killer because everyone already knows he's leaving......

Personally, the most likely would be Ryan. The guy that Janine lives with.
    However, you know how unpredictable the Eastenders writers are.....it's never a case of who is the most "believable" character, it's a case of "shock value".

Could have been anyone, really hope it wasn't Max or Jack though - would hate to lose Jake & Scott as actors. Great additions to the square!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sam
    Sean Slater is currently favourite with the bookies which I find very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Tracey
    Lux23 wrote: »
    Sean Slater is currently favourite with the bookies which I find very odd.

Yeah, which made me wonder if someone knows something we don't :confused:
    Obviously if he was coming back into it for any period of time - someone would be bound to know.....
    Hence, the sudden influx in bets???

We're probably just reading into it too much lol
    If we hadn't seen Archie being smacked over the head by another human being - I'd have my money on Suicide at this point! lol!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Peggy
    Has the producer himsef actually decided who the killer is yet? Is there a possibility he may change his mind before the live ep because of all the speculation.. It will be interesting to see how the reveal plays out over the coming weeks if the audience are aware of the killer but they are not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ronnie
    Has the producer himsef actually decided who the killer is yet? Is there a possibility he may change his mind before the live ep because of all the speculation.. It will be interesting to see how the reveal plays out over the coming weeks if the audience are aware of the killer but they are not..

Do you mean change his mind as to who he can get the best odds on? ;)

I'd imagine he'd know at this stage who the killer is alright.

Peggy
    Epicurus wrote: »
    Do you mean change his mind as to who he can get the best odds on? ;)

I'd imagine he'd know at this stage who the killer is alright.

No I just mean change to give us all a surprise. No you are right he has to have been thinking through the plot development for sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Who killed Archie? You ask
    Stacey
    I answer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Daisyxx

Phil
    good episode...thought it was stacey when she told Bradley who the babys father is,seemed like she had something else to say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Grant
    Well that was a bolt out of the blue... wow what an episode.Coverage on BBC3 was brilliant too.

Peggy
    I reckon it's something to do with Stacey and Sean.
    Bookies in the UK have slashed the odds on Sean. No smoke without fire.
    Maybe with Bradley that would tie in well?

On a side note the odds on it being Tracey the barmaid have been slashed from 100/1 to 7/1. That would be a disappointing end.

I was partially right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ronnie
    10 right; damm i was well out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Grant
    So it was Peggy who set up Janine then

Stacey was never really mentioned as a suspect

Advertisement