Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB2 where to get in a hurrry?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 1:05pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest where i might get hold of RB2 tomorrow?
    We had visitors in lastnight and a lot of coming and going from my sons room where we have the instruments set up for rockband which he got from santa.
    Unfortunately my sister inlaw took it upon herself to swap cables around [while i wasnt there] and thus moved the 360 while the game was being played thus causing a massive scratch around the whole circumference of the RB 1 disc :mad::mad::mad:
    My little lad is gutted,off out to the few limited shops opened this morning to try pick him up RB2 as a replacement which i had intended geting for him also but nowhere had it in stock.
    I realise most stores will be open tomorrow but i think i recall limited supply of RB2 or am i mistaken?

My sister got him Lego RB for Christmas but its hasnt arrived yet from play.com which basically means the young lad has no form or rockband to play right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

got a copy a while ago in argos but not sure if they are open today , maybe try xtra vision i know they are open.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for that. Reserved last one in argos and went and collected it an hour ago. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Reserved last one in argos and went and collected it an hour ago. Thanks again.

Try giving your scratched one the tooth paste treatment (google) so you can export the songs to RB2.

I think smyths and the likes or game stop may have special dealies for taking out hardcore scratches too. Worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Put it in the freezer for a while, expands the polycarbonate long enough to get a device to read it.

unlikely the nickel read is damaged just the scratch is blocking the laser.

ahh useless things i know about cds/dvds from my old job :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I tried the toothpaste thingy first thing after it happened but no luck.
    Its a pretty deep scratch,ill try the freezer suggestion and smyths, thanks again folks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Remember you only need to get it to work long enough to export the tracks (you'll need some Microsoft points/wii points/equivalent PS3 moon money) and a broadband connection.

Failing the above solutions, if you're on the 360, find someone near by with a copy of RB, install it to your 360 hard drive and then you can use your own disc because it only needs to verify that the game is in there. This worked for my copy of Gears of War 1 which has a big crack in it.

Advertisement