Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wren boys?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know the itenary for the wren boys today or have a link? Google didn't help.
    Am interested in when and where they'll perform in the Salthill/Knocknacarra area tonight.

Thanks

CC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I suppose it depends on the area, but it's usually pretty impromptu, and they more often go house to house rather than a special hall. Haven't heard of anything organised though.

*edit* - It's not in your area, but just heard something on the radio about the New Inn group on 2nd and 3rd of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Thanks.

I thought they were going from pub to pub. At least thats what I've been told, but can't remember who told me :(

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's make more sense going pub to pub I suppose. Sometimes small pubs aren't open Stephens' day so probably that's why the house thing was more popular, for parties. Plus it's an old tradition.

Advertisement