Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grangerath roads.

Options
  • 26-12-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Is there someone we can speak to in the council about gritting the roads in Grangerath? Im in Park Grange, and I literally cant get my car out, as it wont go up the hill, its like an ice-rink! And as there's only 1 way out of the estate, am pretty much without the use of the car for the weekend.

I know its Stephen's Day, is there any gritting today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's a private estate. Speak to your residents committee.

The council only grit the main roads although having said that, I haven't seen ANY gritting in Drogheda and it has been dangerously icy the last few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

I saw them gritting this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I went to walk into town from the Five Oaks area this afternoon and I had to turn back after Bryanstown - the footpaths were literally like an ice rink.

If someone slipped and broke an arm, would Drogheda corporation be liable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

It's difficult getting out of Wheaton Hall at the mo too, whether on 2 feet or 4 wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

Wheaton Hall has been pretty bad over the last cold spell. I wonder if it's going to be like that for the next couple of weeks, as the weather forecast is looking even colder for even longer periods of time?

May be I should bring a large bag of salt and sprinkle it ahead as I walk along..! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

eth0_ wrote: »
    It's a private estate. Speak to your residents committee.

Resident committes arent responsible for gritting, contact the management company.

Might be worth posting in Meath region as well.

Grange Rath is in County Meath.

Advertisement