Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silvercrest Wireless Headphones

• 26-12-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

I bouight a pair of Silvercrest Wireless Headphones for my father for Christmas for use with a Philips tv. It has been fully charged but when we plug in the base station to the tv, the sound is still coming through the tv but not through the headphones. :confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

on my Philips tv i had to turn up the headphone volume on the sound settings

and the tv must be muted or the sound will come out of both

hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Thanks, I tried the mute btton but nothing happening, just a load of white noise, thanks anyway.

did you try the headphone with something else like a radio

Good idea, just tried that and yep it's working with the radio. So I guess the problem is narrowed down to the tv.

I think I have possibly found the problem here :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63223519

"Now the only problem I see is the TV itself hasn't any audio outputs or a headphone output so attaching headphones to it will be a problem"

• Advertisement

what is being connected to the tv that you wish to use the wireless headphones with also which connection on the tv is it going into

I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but the Sky+ box and DVD player is connected to the TV. TV is a Philips 26PFL3404/12

I connected the the red and white lead (adapter plug > cinch 2-in-1) from the charging base station into the L - Audio - R on the TV.

Aternatively, I also tried connecting the audio connection cable 3.5mm to the Audio In Left / Right HDMI1 / DVI 1.

But none of these worked.

Thanks

this should work but you will have to switch the scart manually

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5349663/Trail/searchtext%3ESCART.htm

Advertisement