Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text to Buenos Aires

• 26-12-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I want to text a mobile in Buenos Aires from my 087 . I can make and receive voice calls and receive text but I cannot send text.
    Anyone got any idea why this could be.
    Tks in adv.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Your network may not have a text agreement with whatever network your trying to text. Did you try calling your network customer care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The link

No I didnt do that yet. I thought all mobile communication would be the same...spoken /written. I am using the + 54 access but I thought that just maybe I needed some other code for text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The link wrote: »
    No I didnt do that yet. I thought all mobile communication would be the same...spoken /written. I am using the + 54 access but I thought that just maybe I needed some other code for text.

No calls and texts are treated differently, networks set up specific text agreements with foreign networks, if this agreement is not in place you will not be able to text anyone on that network but you may be able to call them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The link

I understand that texting to/from can be done on 085.
    Can I change to that network and keep my 087 number.
    Im on pay as you go so what happens the credit already there.
    Is the anything else I should know. (novice)
    Tks .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

The link wrote: »
    I can make and receive voice calls and receive text but I cannot send text.
    Anyone got any idea why this could be.
    Tks in adv.

Strange that you would be able to RECEIVE txts from a network, and can't reply with txt to the same network.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
Advertisement