Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DC1 Integra stolen Christmas Night

• 26-12-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

Some scumbags stole my friends 1998 white Honda Integra 1.6 from his driveway last night, Christmas night. :mad: It was stolen in the Killester area, he says he had barely any petrol in it so they can't have gone all that far, and it's pretty unlikely they would have filled her up.

The reg is 98-D-79673

It's a white DC1 with the square headlights (not the spots), yellow foglights, plain hubcaps, pretty sure he had red Honda badges on it, and a blue Buddy Club sticker on the driver's door. The Buddy Club exhaust will give the car the car away, meant to be pretty loud, he could hear them ragging around the streets last night when they'd taken it.

It hasn't been seen or found yet, I guess they've parked it up somewhere unassuming and just walked. If it was written off or burnt out it would have been reported.

3 Garda stations in the area have been put on notice, but I'm just asking some of you guys to keep an eye out for it. And the sickening thing is his last car was stolen from the same spot 4 months ago. Fúcking scumbags.

Pics below, thanks, taken the day he bought it so it's without any of the mods listed above, they're the only pics I have.

dscf1750q.jpg

dscf1754.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

**** man, that sucks for your friend. Will keep an eye out, it's probably sitting parked up in some estate somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Jesus, not nice at all. Check any carparks you can.
    Even the multistory one's a few robbed cars found up the citywest
    area of tallaght a few months back. Will keep the eyes peeled though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Thanks lads, fonud on Sherrif St. (:rolleyes:) with damage to the driverside door. The Gardaí are keeping it till Tuesday to do CSI jobbie on it then they'll return it.

I don't think he has the heart to hang onto it though, said it feels like a girlfriend had been raped or something, very sad :(.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

qz glad to see he got it back. Hopefully they catch them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Glad to know the gardai found it but comparing your car being stolen to your girlfriend getting raped is ****ing insane. Fair enough if he didn't want to drive it again but comparing it to rape is just sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Glad to know the gardai found it but comparing your car being stolen to your girlfriend getting raped is ****ing insane. Fair enough if he didn't want to drive it again but comparing it to rape is just sick.

A discussion for another day CG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

qz wrote: »
    I don't think he has the heart to hang onto it though, said it feels like a girlfriend had been raped or something, very sad :(.
    comparing your car being stolen to your girlfriend getting raped is ****ing insane. Fair enough if he didn't want to drive it again but comparing it to rape is just sick.

My car was taken by a fueding gang in Limerick with me in the car, I was dumped from the car and the car disappeared for a few hours before the Gardai rounded them and the car up.

I begged my boss to change my car because I didn't want anything to do with it anymore. Bad memories. Eventually he did. Everytime I had the car I felt...................different.............as though somebody had done something to either me or the car and wanted nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Certainly makes me view taxi drivers differently.

EDIT: *shakes fist at Berty* Now that you have edited, my comment makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Berty wrote: »
    My car was taken by a fueding gang in Limerick with me in the car, I was dumped from the car and the car disappeared for a few hours before the Gardai rounded them and the car up.

I begged my boss to change my car because I didn't want anything to do with it anymore. Bad memories. Eventually he did. Everytime I had the car I felt...................different.............as though somebody had done something to either me or the car and wanted nothing to do with it.

Rape is having something precious taken from you. Having your car taken from you can be the same for some people.
    yeh i'm not disputing the meaning of the word rape, but disputing his friend drawing a comparison between the two types of rape.

tbh if my car was stolen i would change it too, i'd feel ****.

would you leave your girlfriend if she got raped? i'd really hope not because this is what that guy is effectively saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

My brother's civic was stolen & used to ram raid a shop years ago. Insurance paid for the repairs & all but his bond with the car was broken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

Not to get into the whole debate of the feelings around a recovered car, but is that not a DC2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Not to get into the whole debate of the feelings around a recovered car, but is that not a DC2?

DC1 = 1.6L

Advertisement