Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Towel Shave in Limerick?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi All,

I know there is a previous thread on this subject but I was looking for an up to date version. Where is the best place in Limerick for a hot towel shave? I know there is a guy on O Connell street that is meant to be fairly good but is that still so? Does anybody know anything about the guy at the Kilmurry roundabaout? Any experiences? Also generally whats the cost and did you find it a better shave? Anybody have any after effects? DOn't want to be walking about with a big red head on me for a few days!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pat Stapleton is most likely the guy you are talking about for O'Connell Avenue. Straight across from Empire music.

Used to get a hot towel and shave from him every few weeks before. He is very good, and was quite cheap too. Always felt very refreshed after his shave. If you have tough stubble then he is perfect, and even those with sensitive skin will not be leaving with a red face after him.

Plus Pat is a bit eccentric at times in his views, so can be an entertaining listen whilst there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Thanks. That is the guy I was thinking of in town. What kind of cost was involved? Would you have a phone number for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Blades on Thomas street.
    Run by Eric Hackett.

Junction of Thomas street and Foxes Bow.
    Above Thai Angel Massage.

offalyman wrote: »
    Thanks. That is the guy I was thinking of in town. What kind of cost was involved? Would you have a phone number for him?

Sorry I have no number for him. He was always the type where you just walk in, and then just wait your turn. I rarely had to wait long there though.

Back when I went to him for a hot towel and shave, he was 10 euro for it.

That was the prep, the shave, five hot towels, some talc and aftershave balm, and a splash of aftershave.

Just found it online.

Patk Stapleton
    27 O'Connell st Limerick Co. Limerick
    Tel: (061)417049

I found Retro on Denmark street to be very good for a hot towel and shave too, plus Dave in Identity is excellent, but I think Identity is closing down for good on January 1st.

Most barbers in town will offer the service, but most are only fair to good at doing it, there are not many that make it feel like an experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Don't forget Figaro's on Bedford lane - other half got the w/c & hot shave there. Didn't think he'd ever leave - they even went as far as massaging down his arms/hands and fingers. Told I was being made redundant for massage :D So guess what - that's what he got for Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

I've heard good reports from Blades on Thomas st.
    It's at top of Thomas street opposite Undertakers.
    Thai massage place in basement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Thanks all. I'll let ye know how I get on. Might give the guy on O Connell St a go. Thanks Kess73 for the number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I can defo vouch for Pat Stapelton he does a great job imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Troy guy

I used get a shave quite regulary in Blades opposite Thompson's Funeral Directors didnt find them any good the staff wewre very unfriendly especially Eric and James. I now go to Frank Hackett (Retros) he is very good at shaving and cutting hair

• Advertisement
Advertisement