Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Stoke

• 26-12-2009 3:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

C'mon Stoke!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Bellamy benched.

He'll be off in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Anyone got any working streams?

Or the City starting 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Bellamy wont be happy, has been outstanding from what I've seen of him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Average-Ro wrote: »

Or the City starting 11?

Man City: Given, Zabaleta, Toure, Kompany, Sylvinho, De Jong, Barry, Robinho, Ireland, Petrov, Tevez. Subs: Taylor, Richards, Garrido, Vidal, Bellamy, Weiss, Boyata.

Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Abdoulaye Faye, Collins, Higginbotham, Sanli, Whitehead, Diao, Whelan, Etherington, Sidibe. Subs: Simonsen, Huth, Lawrence, Beattie, Fuller, Pugh, Delap.

Link: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=59545&part=sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

redout wrote: »
    Man City: Given, Zabaleta, Toure, Kompany, Sylvinho, De Jong, Barry, Robinho, Ireland, Petrov, Tevez. Subs: Taylor, Richards, Garrido, Vidal, Bellamy, Weiss, Boyata.

Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Abdoulaye Faye, Collins, Higginbotham, Sanli, Whitehead, Diao, Whelan, Etherington, Sidibe. Subs: Simonsen, Huth, Lawrence, Beattie, Fuller, Pugh, Delap.

Link: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=59545&part=sports

Thank you kindly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dammit

tuncay should have buried that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Interesting formation being played. I think its a 4-1-2-2-1 lining up like this

ST
    --WG
    WG---
    CM
    CM

DM

Clear sign that Bellamy is considered purpose to requirements isnt that surprising since City have way too many strikers anyway, one of htem had to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Average-Ro wrote: »

Or the City starting 11?

Here

PHB wrote: »
    Interesting formation being played. I think its a 4-1-2-2-1 lining up like this

ST
    --WG
    WG---
    CM
    CM

DM

Clear sign that Bellamy is considered purpose to requirements isnt that surprising since City have way too many strikers anyway, one of htem had to go.

Ahh you mean surplus? Bellamys been their best player all season, if only he could control his mouth as well as a football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Hope Tevez can got a goal, or at least an assist;)

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Ahh you mean surplus? Bellamys been their best player all season, if only he could control his mouth as well as a football.

Surplus is yeh what I meant.

Ultimately, there's Robinho who is as close to a striker a winger can get.

Then there is Tevez, Abenayour, Santa Cruz as well. If he is planning on planning one up front, which he might be, Bellamy hasn't got a hope. Beyond the fact that he's probably, at his best, not in the same league as Adebayour or Tevez can be [not saying they have been], he's not the right sort of striker to play at the top of that sorta formation or system.

Also he talks to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

That'l do nicely

2-0 Tevez, rubbish defending by Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just in case people do not know, this game is on Setanta Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bellamy is on the bench for one game so of course he must be off :rolleyes: I won't be suprised to see him start on Monday in the tougher away game. Anyway, great half. The odd scare but it's been encouraging. Love that Carlos fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Love that Carlos fella.

closing in on Dunne as the buy of the season in the Premier League.

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

SlickRic wrote: »
    closing in on Dunne as the buy of the season in the Premier League.

;)
    lol

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bellamy is on the bench for one game so of course he must be off :rolleyes: I won't be suprised to see him start on Monday in the tougher away game. Anyway, great half. The odd scare but it's been encouraging. Love that Carlos fella.

Ah sure if you don't want Bellamy, just send him back to Liverpool on loan for the rest of the season. ;)

I don't see the big deal about him being on the bench though. It rests him for the away game, as you said, plus it gives the new manager a chance to show who the boss is.

If City win today, and they look like they will, then there will be notthing about it in the media tomorrow.

Have to say that it is going to be very interesting from next season onwards, once Mancini has had half of this season to settle plus bring in the players he wants in January and the Summer. I have a feeling that he will be the piece needed to turn City into a genuine top four team, and maybe in the coming seasons into a genuine title contending side.

Must be an exciting time to be a City fan.

Great stop by Given

Any idiot can see that City have too many strikers to keep them happy. Combined with 3 of them being people who will complain to the press should they not get their way [Tevez, Adebayour and Bellamy], Mancini has no choice really but to sell one of them. To do otherwise would be the act of a poor manager, which he certainly is not. One of them is going to go I think, and I'd expect it to be Bellamy.

• Advertisement

Bellamy on to a great reception.

that's some reception for bellamy.

macari is starting to p*ss me off with his Robinho comments.

he's been injured for most of this season, was their second best player last year behind Ireland.

yeah he's made comments about Barcelona, but he hasn't rocked the boat as far as i can see.

lazy journalism; but probably more accurately just a utd fan wanting to stick it to a City superstar.

Classic example of why refs encourage players to dive. That was a definate penalty. If Bellamy had fallen over and not gotten his shot off, it woulda been given. But because he tried to stay on his feet he doesn't get anything.

Laughable how Bellamy doesn't get a peno yet Fuller gets a free for a disgraceful dive. Good start to the new regime anyway.

i know, and people want players to stop diving...

Any idiot can see that City have too many strikers to keep them happy. Combined with 3 of them being people who will complain to the press should they not get their way [Tevez, Adebayour and Bellamy], Mancini has no choice really but to sell one of them. To do otherwise would be the act of a poor manager, which he certainly is not. One of them is going to go I think, and I'd expect it to be Bellamy.

Just to go back to this, I'm not sure why you think Bellamy is more likely to go than say Santa Cruz for example, who is also a mate of Hughes.

As for us having too many strikers, we don't really. We have two target men (Adebayor and Santa Cruz), two nippy lads (Bellamy and Tevez), one flair luxury (Robinho) and one 'if we're really desperate' (Benjani). It's not really than many when you play three forward players (of course you do have to include Petrov and SWP in the equation then).

The signs were all good yesterday anyway that Bellers is happy enough.

373294.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Any idiot can see that City have too many strikers to keep them happy.

no way dude. if i was benjani id be having recitals of Grease in my gaff!

oh, who am i kidding. id be party hartying and playing Prince

but youtube has banned the master :(

i give to you, scarlet. powerful hit lads. be sure you dont overwhelm yourselves with emotion

Advertisement