Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best County Council for maintaining/developing infrastructure

Options
  • 26-12-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭

We all bash the crap out of the cocos up and down the country. In the main, this is justified.

However, i would like to see how each compare in terms of work done to keep the roads safe, current and (in the current weather) gritted

Other day, i was driving from Roscommon side of Athlone, through Westmeath, Meath, Kildare and Dublin roads. For me the best maintained roads have to be Westmeaths. There are exceptions, but Meath coco seem to give barely 1 sh1t about their large population of commuters. Kildare are also pretty dodgy. I can excuse Roscommon somewhat given the fact that so few people live there, but for gods sake, how can you justify the god-awful maintenance of regional roads so close to the capital!

Rants and/or praise of your own local councils welcome. Furet/Bluntguy, any chance of making this a sticky if it gets popular? Good to hear others opinions on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

West Wicklow seemed to be fairly good at gritting in the bad weather. Then again they are a bit more concious of it considering how mountainous some of it is here.
    I was not so happy with Kildare.

WRT upgrading and investing in safety, Kildare would seem to have the upper hand, but then I dont see east wicklow alot, and they do get more investment than the west...

Advertisement