Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Queenstown NZ!!! Info and advice please

Options
  • 26-12-2009 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi everyone, Im moving to Qtown NZ in a few weeks. I have permenent citizenship for NZ so wont have a problem legally working but is there any jobs?I want to work in something social like bar or tourist work. If anyone has any ideas that be greatAlso the cost of rent for something simple enough, any ideas?Thanks for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm confused - do you mean permanent residency or citizenship? They are different things but kind of give you the same rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Have a couple of mates that lived and worked there for snow season, not many jobs and really hard to make any money, the pay is bad and the NZ dollar is weak (they worked 40 hours a week and came home with less than what the dole pays here). You should be able to get bar work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭aingeal_croi

Thats right being a kiwi myself bar work or work in the pubs/restaurants is your best bet. I hate to say it but accommodation is a bit more expensive given that the area is so full of tourists! However a great opportunity you must be real excited to be going! Would you consider taking me in your luggage ??? I would love to go home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Yr gonna love it. I was in Auckland for 3 months, the nicest people around and such a beautiful country. I'd go back in the morning if i could. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Lots of young people try get bar work there to enjoy the party and sports lifestyle...take plenty of cash to allow for not getting any work just in case. I think its busier down there for ski season then it is for summer too according to a backpacker i met a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mckeowch

Hi, looking at heading to Qtown or Wanaka this summer (NZ Winter) and wanted to see what the rent was like since you've moved out there? There's a few of us, and we don't mind J1 style accom, with loads of mattresses piled in together. Also, whats the likelihood of finding bar work/waiting easily? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

whats the job situation like in NZ now?

Advertisement