Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and bowl alley in Mullingar

Options
  • 26-12-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Just seen a new bowling alley opened in Mullingar. Has anyone used it yet and is it good entertainment for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

I have been in there for a flying visit with my little 8 year old sister on Sunday 2 weeks ago.

I only had a quick look around. The bowling seems to be a decent setup. I think the price was €30 for a lane for an hour iirc. The kids area with all the balls and things was €6 or €7 for a couple of hours.

Negatives for me was that the lift was still being worked on and the arcade/gaming are looked a bit thin for me. The biggest negative I have though was, a few of the machines were out of order along with one of the pool tables. There were only three 8 ball tables in total and none of the big 9 ball tables that I was expecting to see.

Overall it was a nice looking place and there were a decent amount of people there. I know some of the staff personally there and they are a decent bunch of people, so it is good to see that it will be looked after.

I will give it a bash again in the new year properly I reckon, when it is all finished up. A welcome and long overdue addition to the town imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I have been bowling twice so far and its a good spot, the grub is great and the staff are nice.
    the cons are, its not cheap and the kids will want to spend a fortune on the arcade and toy grab machines. The five of us went for a €30 bowling game and spent €50 on food and arcade games. :o
    Still it was a good evening out:D

Advertisement