Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get into Soccer forum?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Every time I try post it says "You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer etc etc"I thought I had to reach 50 posts before being allowed, now that I have done that but I still can't. Bit ridiculous in fairness, not very user friendly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You need to apply for access to the soccer forum. You'll find all the details in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Zaph wrote: »
    You need to apply for access to the soccer forum. You'll find all the details in this thread.
    Thanks Zaph, can't understand why is it so complicated, how stupid.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not stupid at all in fact. The soccer forum has in the past been the most disruptive forum on Boards. At one stage things got so bad that the whole forum was closed down for a while. After that access was restricted and funnily enough people started talking to one another in a civilised manner. It's a very tough forum to moderate, but it's nothing like as bad as it was before. So before making pronouncements on things that you know nothing about, it might be worth asking a polite question or two about why something is the way it is here. We rarely do stuff like this without good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Zaph wrote: »
    Not stupid at all in fact. The soccer forum has in the past been the most disruptive forum on Boards. At one stage things got so bad that the whole forum was closed down for a while. After that access was restricted and funnily enough people started talking to one another in a civilised manner. It's a very tough forum to moderate, but it's nothing like as bad as it was before. So before making pronouncements on things that you know nothing about, it might be worth asking a polite question or two about why something is the way it is here. We rarely do stuff like this without good reason.
    Its a difficult forum to moderate so ye decide to punish people who haven't even had a chance to post there by making access difficult, great logic :rolleyes:. And why do you need a minimum of 100 posts to start posting there? I suppose it is time to start making pointless posts like many others so.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Jigga wrote: »
    Its a difficult forum to moderate so ye decide to punish people who haven't even had a chance to post there by making access difficult, great logic :rolleyes:.
    Soccer regulars have proven that they cannot simply register on boards and start posting on soccer because they have proven that they cannot be civil and stick to the rules. A sad fact that they have had to make other people, legitimate users, have less immediate access to the forum as one of the vetting procedures. It's a shame for upstanding individuals, but without tighter control, the forum would be closed, as has been proven.

We're all for good ideas, feel free to offer your ideas, we have tried many ideas in the past, and over a number of years - this is the one that works best so far.

:)
    And why do you need a minimum of 100 posts to start posting there? I suppose it is time to start making pointless posts like many others so.
    You don't, you haven't read the access thread properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement