Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MechWarrior:LL Beta

Options
  • 26-12-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Finally!

Can't wait to get some of this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Nice! Mecwarrior 3 was an all time favourite for me. Although i got a little scared when i first read the title of the thread. I thought it was Mechwarrior: Ladies Lounge, but now the balance has been restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

wait is this that mechwarrior crysis mod I heard about aaaaaaaaaaaages ago? Do I need cysis installed to play this or is the engine included with the mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    wait is this that mechwarrior crysis mod I heard about aaaaaaaaaaaages ago? Do I need cysis installed to play this or is the engine included with the mod?

You need Crysis installed. Its a MOD only!

well it sure looks good, anyone played it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Awesome!!!

Although.... those controls do not look good. As a leftie it's going to be a pain to remap all of those :(

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/images/betaimages/MWLLKEYMAP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Does this work with Cysis Warhead?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So has anyone actually gotten to try this yet, or are the available links still ridiculously slow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

No Mate.

Its the good old Cryis number one :D

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    So has anyone actually gotten to try this yet, or are the available links still ridiculously slow?

I've got it at home downloaded, but got distracted with Fallout 3 again when I went to install it :pac: I've also heard it's quite buggy.

There's plenty of gameplay videos on youtube now so I'm checking them out.

Also, for downloading, the link I posted above is very good. Don't bother with the torrent on the site, if you register you will see a list of mirrors which offer much faster download speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Also, for downloading, the link I posted above is very good. Don't bother with the torrent on the site, if you register you will see a list of mirrors which offer much faster download speeds.

I got fairly good download speeds off the torrent, it finished in about 20 minutes.... and then I realised I don't own a copy of Crysis, hoping steam put it on sale in the next few days.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

What's the verdict - anyone played it yet?

Youtube vids look interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Blazher wrote: »
    No Mate.

Well thats me out :(

Played like 3 seconds of it this morning, seems solid.
    The controls are like other MW games.

Gameplay goes like this;
    You spawn as an Elemental, Battle Armour to the layman, with a small beam laser and 2 salvos of SRM6( I think its SRM).
    You start with 10,000 monies each time you spawn, you get extra for getting kills in your previous life.
    You may choose where you spawn Battlefield style.

In the base you spawn in you may buy new guns for the Elemental, (PPC, DemoPacks, Flamer and others) Or a Tank/any one of a selection of Mechs. You then make your way downstairs to the hangar to collect your vehicle, which should be built by then.
    There is nothing to stop someone camping the hangar and ninjaing other peoples stuff.

The vehicles come with 4 weapon loadouts, there are no custom classes.

Then go make blasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Crysis Maximum Edition - 66% Off on steam atm, if anyone wants to play this and needs to purchase crysis. It's Crysis and Crysis warhead and if I say crysis enough it loses all meaning in that way! Crysis

Mantel wrote: »
    if I say crysis enough it loses all meaning in that way! Crysis

lol... I actually had to reread your post a few times because my brain just stopped understanding the word Crysis :D

Cheers for the heads up

Then go make blasty.

Is it just mindless team death match then or a BF style conquest capture the spawn point style thing?

Whats the net code like?

Would it be worth 20 euro? I might buy that pack off steam just for this mod.

**edit** the deal ends in 4 hours so anyone who's played it please gimmie as much info as possible! :D

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Is it just mindless team death match then or a BF style conquest capture the spawn point style thing?

Whats the net code like?

Would it be worth 20 euro? I might buy that pack off steam just for this mod.

**edit** the deal ends in 4 hours so anyone who's played it please gimmie as much info as possible! :D

Played some more, it's great fun but laggy as my net here is poor. I'll be getting back to my 20Mb connection tonight but will have to re-download.

Even then Crysis on its own was worth the tenner G2Play.net gave it to me for.

I just bought it so I guess we'll see hehe , Although a mate gave me a lend of crysis ages ago so I've already played it, not played the 2nd one though.

Mod looks so sweet on youtube anyways.

Loads of downloading to do before I'll be playing it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Blazher wrote: »

No Mate.

But soon, it may...
    As some of you will already know, MECHWARRIOR: LIVING LEGENDS, while currently only supported on Crysis, will at some point in a not too distant future be ported to Crysis Warhead respectively its multiplayer component Crysis Wars.
    But don't hold your breath. It took a while for the mod to be made, so, um, dunno how long the port will take.

Had a go of it there. It doesn't like my south paw key remapping :( still trying to figure out what's going wrong.

There's a hotfix out for it also:

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

you guys still playing? latest patch fixed a lot of things and added a few nice features.

Changes some of the loadouts too.

Advertisement