Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulster bank visa debit versus the 3v/rubycard/payzone etc?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

are their any restrictions on the use of the ulster bank visa debit card.

will it work on all sites online and will it incur charges with airlines etc.

im currently using 3v card for online transactions but am aware of wirecard, rubycard and payzone although i dont know the pros and cons of these.

can anyone outline the pros and cons of each.

does the ulster visa debit card make these options redundant now.

thanks, really appreciate any info on this as the 3v card is a nuisance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The UB visa debit should work on any site that accepts Visa credit cards, and at any retailer offline likewise. There have been some teething problems reported with Paypal etc. It will be charged by Ryanair etc just like any other card. It's linked to your Ulster Bank current account

It's not the same as a pre-paid credit card (Rubycard/Payzone etc) which aren't linked to your bank account etc. You top them up like a pay as you go mobile phone and spend. Typically they charge a fee per transaction/% of the transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ceoexec2

im currently using 3v.

are payzone and ruby better options as a pre paid card

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well it depends "better option" is relative - you need to have a look at the fees and charges on both vs 3V, and look at what you would be using it for :)

The obvious advantage is that you have a physical card which can be used offline (unlike 3V).

has anyone used netteller. ive just been on askaboutmoney and apparently this card is a beter option than payzone

Pre paid Mastercard - Askaboutmoney.com
    netteller fees

would like your opinions. i didnt want to start a new thread but feel free to if you think its necessary.

buffy is rubycard a cheaper card than payzone btw

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

ceoexec2 wrote: »
    has anyone used netteller. ive just been on askaboutmoney and apparently this card is a beter option than payzone

Pre paid Mastercard - Askaboutmoney.com
    netteller fees

would like your opinions. i didnt want to start a new thread but feel free to if you think its necessary.

buffy is rubycard a cheaper card than payzone btw

thanks

I have a neteller Card which I find excellent, use it both on and offline. One big thing with neteller is you can install software that will generate a 1 use credit card no for buying online, as well as have a physical card for those offline transactions and subscriptions. Had a bit of difficulty with my first deposit, and it will not work on the itunes store as it is us based were the two main drawbacks

• Advertisement

Qs on the payzone card.

can it be loaded from a payzone point/shop when you are abroad like can be done here

or

does the money have to be put on the card before traveling

Advertisement