Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v West Ham 28th Dec

Options
  • 26-12-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

After the draw at Fulham, this surely has to be a must win game for us.

Although our record against the Hammers is very good, they will be encouraged by their result against Portsmouth, plus for some reason they do tend to treat games against Spurs a bit like a cup final.

No room for complacency here and I hope Harry starts with the strongest 11.

Prediction: 3-1 to the Spurs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yes massive game now, 3 points is a must.
    Id start with the defoe and keane and see how it goes. King will probably start, and Hudd must start in place of Jenas.

I fancy us bigtime tbh, and JD to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i prob have a spare ticket for this. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Fair play offering the ticket sikes but its too short notice fo me.

I just hope JD doesnt try and take a penalty if we get one against the Hammers. I thought Portsmouth were terrible against West Ham and I fancy us to run out easy winners in this one.

Three points is a must with the Poo looming away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

three points to end the year on a high pleasse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Looking good so far, just lacking the finishing touch. I reckon another unanswered goal and we'll cruise away, though we really need to get that goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Jesus, they look f*cking terrified of us. Hopefully get 3 more after the break, send these back to East London worrying about relegation. Looks like Hudd's final ball is the one to worry about now :) Am a bit concerned about not scoring more tbh, these are looking sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

That second goal was a long time coming. Was getting seriously nervous there

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

WHL wrote: »
    That second goal was a long time coming. Was getting seriously nervous there

Sure you're a Spurs fan. You're supposed to be nervous!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Good result but we nearly always beat them lot. Hope they stay up because it's an almost guaranted 6 points every season. :P

Also put a few quid on defoe to be the second goalscorer "in play".:D

Easy (hopefully) cup game on Saturday. Time to give some of the fringe players a chance.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Now I can relax! Happy with that. More good news for our goal difference and into the top 4. A draw between Liverpool and Villa would be nice now.

• Advertisement

Benoit looked f*cking tremendous today. Really happy with his progress. Hopefully Bale can show us why he came so highly rated in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

massive performance there. would like to have seen robbie come on i think he would have tore them apart near the end there.

couple of poor dcisions made in around the box, niko had a chance to slip in crouch as had lennon n both took the shot on themslves to no avail. seen BAE looking a little rough coming off, may wont b able to go to the african cup of nations now!:)

all in all great team peformance cant fault any one player.

4th again. come on you spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Great win.
    Should have been outta sight at half time.
    Absolutely loved JD's goal - classic Defoe.

Onwards and Upwards Spurs

Great result come on wolves and a draw for villa and pool make my day

Rolling season
    p 38 w20 D8 L10 pts 69

Not too bad just the wolves and stoke games really letting us down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Another great performance. Can't pick out any individuals as most of them looked in good nick. We really do look like a proper team at the moment. Even the most negative of Spurs supporters must admit Top 4 is possible - we just need to keep it going as we are really!

The 2 goals were great moments - Modric on his return from injury and Defoe - what a strike!!

COYS!

Played some lovely football at times.
    4 points from 6 is a good return from Xmas.

Sets up my trip to Liverpool very nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win,and a great team performance.Have to give a mention to Hudd, best game I've seen him play this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

Played really well today. We have a great chance for 4th place

It's getting uncomfortably tight for this 4th spot however... A nil all draw for Villa Pool please. If only we hadn't thrown the Stoke and Wolves games away :( ... We'd be in 2nd O_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

A good performance against a poor West Ham.

We should really have finished the game much earlier than JD's 81st minute strike and as usual for the 5-10 mins before his goal we were starting to look nervous, however a clean sheet and 3 points is a good result from what is usually a much harder game.

Huddlestone played well, however he is still struggling to hit the target with his shooting but he was not alone in this as the stats show we had 18 shots on goal but only 4 were on target. Great to see Modric play for 83 mins and a good performance at that.

Next up, Posh in the FA cup, so maybe a chance for a few players to rest. The remaining League fixtures for January have thrown up some very interesting contests Liverpool (a), Hull (h), Fulham (h) and Birmingham (a). We'd do very well to take more tyhan 8 points from these.

Anyway, we're going into 2010 with 37 points from 20 games, which is 17 more points than we had at the same stage last season. let's keep it going.

COYS

RichMc70 wrote: »
    A good performance against a poor West Ham.

We should really have finished the game much earlier than JD's 81st minute strike and as usual for the 5-10 mins before his goal we were starting to look nervous, however a clean sheet and 3 points is a good result from what is usually a much harder game.

Huddlestone played well, however he is still struggling to hit the target with his shooting but he was not alone in this as the stats show we had 18 shots on goal but only 4 were on target. Great to see Modric play for 83 mins and a good performance at that.

Next up, Posh in the FA cup, so maybe a chance for a few players to rest. The remaining League fixtures for January have thrown up some very interesting contests Liverpool (a), Hull (h), Fulham (h) and Birmingham (a). We'd do very well to take more tyhan 8 points from these.

Anyway, we're going into 2010 with 37 points from 20 games, which is 17 more points than we had at the same stage last season. let's keep it going.

COYS
    They are going to be some very tough games and a lot hinges on Gareth Bale he was on for 5 minutes yesterday and he wandered inside letting them through on the left if it wasnt for a poor pass we would of been punished

Play Bassong left full, with king centre half, problem solved ;)

I'd love to see that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Play Bassong left full, with king centre half, problem solved ;)

Sounds like a cunning plan !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Sounds like a cunning plan !
    If King can stay fit. What's the story with Woodgate? When's he back?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement