Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamish & Andy on BBC 6 Music

• 26-12-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome. These guys are aussie comedy radio presenters. Very successfu in OZ and EXTREMELY funny.

They did a special for BBC 6 Music last week. Go onto it and listen. Available for a coiple mroe days.

What I want to know is, is this a trial for a show on 6music?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I was a little disappointed with the 6 Music special, it turned out to be not much more than a clip show for the Aussie series. Now I understand that this was aimed towards people who had never heard of Hamish and Andy before, but I had hoped that there would be something for thse of us who have been following the podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I was hoping it'd be a trial for a weekly best of on 6music. But sadly it isn't.

That'd be great. Not having to download the podcast everyday.

But why 6 music? Why not radio 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

best duo on the radio and one of the funniest shows that i have heard in a long time.6music should get them to do a weekly show to replace another now departed duo,adam and joe

Adam & Joe are gone? WTF?

Defo. H & A do a best of on weekends on they're own station. Doesn't mention any station name so they could just send it over.

oh well a man can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

raven136 wrote: »
    best duo on the radio and one of the funniest shows that i have heard in a long time.6music should get them to do a weekly show to replace another now departed duo,adam and joe

you sure it's not just holidays? they do take a fair amount of breaks during the year.

• Advertisement

An insane amount of hols Adam & Joe get considering they're a weekend show. I'd love if they were on 6music breakfast.

Hamish & Andy are STILL on hols since 8th December. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I listened to their 6music show and I really didn't find it funny, and their music choice was nothing to write home about.

They're very 'commercial radio'. Not in keeping with 6Music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

you sure it's not just holidays? they do take a fair amount of breaks during the year.

Adam and Joe are taking a break for a while :( Joe is off directing a film. They will be back but didn't say when, I've heard it will prob be around March, don't quote me on that though!!

Adam and Joe are taking a break for a while :( Joe is off directing a film. They will be back but didn't say when, I've heard it will prob be around March, don't quote me on that though!!

Heh heh I just quoted you.

Suck on that.

Hamish and Andy are on BBC 6Music today at 1 - 4pm.

LISTEN DAMMIT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dreolin

Hamish and Andy are doing caravan of Courage through Irealnd and the Uk sometime this week.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Dreolin wrote: »
    Hamish and Andy are doing caravan of Courage through Irealnd and the Uk sometime this week.....

just met them, they were having coffee on Patrick's St, sound lads!

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    just met them, they were having coffee on Patrick's St, sound lads!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU met my heroes!!! I HATE YOU!!

Are they in Dublin? Will they?>

Fago! wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU met my heroes!!! I HATE YOU!!

Are they in Dublin? Will they?>

I know, couldnt believe it when i saw them, initally walked past them but just had to turn around and say hello, shake hands etc. Andy was especially sound.

Dunno are they going to Dublin, they defo going to Clare to meet a Matchmaker, check out the site and latest podcasts, im gonna to d/l some right now.

I know, couldnt believe it when i saw them, initally walked past them but just had to turn around and say hello, shake hands etc. Andy was especially sound.

Dunno are they going to Dublin, they defo going to Clare to meet a Matchmaker, check out the site and latest podcasts, im gonna to d/l some right now.

I'm gonna listen to them on Monday Morning and as soon as I find out where they are, I'm going there! I don't care how expensive it is!

These guys are my heroes. I'm not missing the chance to meet them.

Did you get a picture with them?

Did Andy have the snake with him?

Yeah I seen a video where he stole it from his Mam's house.

They can't miss the capital of Ireland. THEY CAN'T BREAK A WEE BOYS DREAMS!!!

I have a wifi clock radio, so I listen to them live when they are on Fox FM in Melbourne. Which means 7 - 9am here, perfect breakfast radio, except for the fact that I don't always wake up when the radio switches on so what they are talking about becomes part of my dreams. Some weird stuff has happened.

Picture the scene, World Cup final, Ireland v England. The score is 19-17 to England, it's the 80th minute and Ireland have just been awarded a penalty on the half way line over in the edge. Jonny Sexton is being taken off, no-one is left on the bench to take the penalty so I get the call from the stands to step up to the plate. I line up the kick, the crowd goes silent, Andy would you just let the man read Fred Basset I am trying to take the damn kick here, actually Hamish that is really funny, hey where has the world cup gone and why do I now find myself trying to read a comic strip while running away from a guy with a catapult.

Haha, brilliant. That happens if someone slaps me in the face when I sleep (giddy younger brother) it manifests itself into my dream. I'd be having lunch with a duck discussing the finer things in life like cherries and red bricked houses and all of a sudden I get hit in the face by a thousand teeny tiny Dublin Buses with novelty horns saying "GET UP STEPHEN!!!"

Anyways I'll be listening at 7AM tomorrow morn. If they're in Dub, I'll be sprinting towards them!

I wonder how long they'll spend in Ireland!

I'm gonna listen to them on Monday Morning and as soon as I find out where they are, I'm going there! I don't care how expensive it is!

These guys are my heroes. I'm not missing the chance to meet them.

Did you get a picture with them?

nah, i tried playing it cool and didnt want to hassle them too much, they were enjoying coffee on patricks street until I interuppted! they were lovely though and asked me some questions about myself as well as me gushing about how good they are.
    i also told them ray foley has definitely copied a few things from them too!

nah, i tried playing it cool and didnt want to hassle them too much, they were enjoying coffee on patricks street until I interuppted! they were lovely though and asked me some questions about myself as well as me gushing about how good they are.
    i also told them ray foley has definitely copied a few things from them too!

I'm not gonna be that calm! I'll rape them! Hahaha

Did he steal stuff off them?

• Advertisement

I'm not gonna be that calm! I'll rape them! Hahaha

Did he steal stuff off them?

yea ray foley does the phoning someone pretending to be 1 person when its actually ray and jp taking turns speaking, just like Hamish and Andy's bit.

Beginning to think they wont be hitting Dublin after all, their plan seems to be to travel around the West coast then make their way to Larne and get the ferry to Scotland. Hmmm, would hopping in the car and trying to intercept the caravan be seen as weird?

Beginning to think they wont be hitting Dublin after all, their plan seems to be to travel around the West coast then make their way to Larne and get the ferry to Scotland. Hmmm, would hopping in the car and trying to intercept the caravan be seen as weird?

Take me with you please!

Hamish and Andy announced today that they are quitting their daily radio show to concentrate on tv projects. They will still have a weekly show and podcast.

How am I supposed to find out how far somebody will go to read a Fred Basset comic strip now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Prefer Hamish and Dougal myself.

Hamish and Andy announced today that they are quitting their daily radio show to concentrate on tv projects. They will still have a weekly show and podcast.

How am I supposed to find out how far somebody will go to read a Fred Basset comic strip now?

I was devastated when I heard. :(

Advertisement