Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Wolves (a new beginning)

• 26-12-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Lets hope the boys do us proud today. Think we will win by a few goals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lets hope the boys do us proud today. Think we will win by a few goals.

We probably will, but I think Rafa is losing the plot....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Typical Pool delusion. Love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

team-news courtesy of BBC website.

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano begins a four-match suspension so Alberto Aquilani could make his first Premier League start.

Fernando Torres should be passed fit as Liverpool continue to assess his groin problem on a game-by-game basis.

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has no fresh injury concerns and is poised to name an unchanged side.

Kevin Foley is set to continue in midfield with Dave Edwards sidelined by an ankle injury.

Liverpool

Suspended: Mascherano (four matches) Doubtful: None

Injured: El Zhar (ankle), Riera (hamstring)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Suspended: None Doubtful: None

Injured: Edwards, Keogh & Kightly (all ankle), Murray (knee)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

m83 wrote: »
    Typical Pool delusion. Love it! :D

That we could win by a few goals :confused:

How trite.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    That we could win by a few goals :confused:

How trite.

No, the new beginning bit.

How trite indeed :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The season starts here. :D

I do fancy a good win for Liverpool to be the result of this game though.

The team looks very attacking. If we go at Wolves from the first whistle, and keep them on the back foot as much as we can, then our defensive problems this season should not become an issue.

I will stick my neck out and go for a 4-0 win for the reds today, with nothing other than a gut feeling as my reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

we'd better win.

and more than that it better be a performance that gives the supporters hope.

and even more than that it better give us the confidence to go on to Villa to get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Draw.

Pity they wouldn't just hand us the 3 points like they did with United. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah sure McCarthy has this signalled out as a vital relegation 6 pointer. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Aquilani starts for Liverpool....whos he?:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Cant see anything but a Pool win here. 2 maby 3 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Holsten wrote: »
    Draw.

In fairness given our form this season, they must fancy their chances of nicking something, so I cannot blame McCarthy.

How often have we seen Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc field weakened teams in cups or towards the end of the season.

Remember the end of the 2004/05 season when we fielded weakened teams a number of times to keep players fit for the CL? We were not saying it was unfair on the teams clawing for survival back then, so I will not knock Wolves for doing the same this season.

yes thought you would like the title. But christmas time is usually a good time of the year for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Holsten wrote: »
    Draw.

Difference being, Liverpool would struggle to put away the Wolves 2nd 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Lucas, Aquilani, Benayoun, Gerrard, Aurelio, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Pacheco, Darby, Kuyt, Spearing, Ngog, Skrtel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Come on the Wolves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Daemonic wrote: »
    The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Lucas, Aquilani, Benayoun, Gerrard, Aurelio, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Pacheco, Darby, Kuyt, Spearing, Ngog, Skrtel.

Fair play to the guy on Rawk who predicted that!
    (Wasn't Rafa was it?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

News from Anfield: Alberto Aquilani starts for Liverpool. He must be a new signing or something. Dirk Kuyt dropped to the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

We probably will, but I think Rafa is losing the plot....?
    Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Lets hope Rafa thinks the ref today is "perfect".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I don't know which makes me happier: Aquilani starting or Kuyt being dropped.

Daemonic wrote: »

so looks as if we are going with a 4-5-1. Looking at the team Lucas is playing on the right with Benny, Stevie G and Aqualani in midfield and aurelio out left. should be interesting to see how we play under that formation.

A bit of hopeful & positive thinking from the op, I suppose.

I just don't get this 'typical poo delusion' nonsense.
    I don't frequent the forum that often but your post is what I see constantly everytime Liverpool are playing or are mentioned.
    It's boring the bejaysais out of me.

I, like most 'typical' Liverpool fans aren't typically deluded.
    I don't have any bizarre belief that we have a right to titles, that we have the best squad in the PL or that we that's its 'our year' any any or every given year.
    I'm not remotely surprised when we f**k things up, nor when we get a good run going.

Getting bored of reading this childish sh1te though, we're not 12 years old anymore.

In other news: C'mon the boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

New beginning my arse. If only I had a euro for everytime I heard "the season starts now la" this year from a Scouser...

New beginning my arse. If only I had a euro for everytime I heard "the season starts now la" this year from a Scouser...

QFT

It's our year Feeky.
    Thanks for your imput.

I just don't get this 'typical poo delusionl' nonsense.
    I don't frequent the forum that often but your post is what I see constantly everytime Liverpool are playing or are mentioned.

I don't have any bizarre belief that we have a right to titles, that we have the best squad in the PL or that we that's its 'our year' any any or every given year.
    I'm not remotely surprised when we f**k things up, nor when we get a good run going.

Getting bored of reading this childish sh1te though, we're not 12 years old anymore.

In other news: C'mon the boys!
    Agreed. We must start the fightback next year. Boards nominations (especially the best thread) an example of what we have had to put up with this season. Has been a very trying first half to season.

f*ck sake.

if we can't hope that the season will turn round for us at some point, what the f*ck is the point in even carrying on supporting the club?

sure we'll all just give up so.

what do you want us to do?

i know, we'll just say...'ugh, here we go, another defeat, f*ck it...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Are there many scousers in cork city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Pacheco on the bench, excellent, hope he gets some playing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Posts like this are yet again another sign of why i could'nt be arsed with this site anymore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Posts like this are yet again another sign of why i could'nt be arsed with this site anymore.

he says posting on said site.

ive got Torres as FF captain this week and expect a Liverpool win for a change so that they have somemomentum before hopefully Villa mess things up for them in the next game

I just don't get this 'typical poo delusionl' nonsense.

There's a reason Liverpool fans are branded delusional. "It's our year" has been the battle cry from your fans before the start of every season of the last ten years, particularly this season, and not only from the fans, from Messyrs Gerrard and Carragher as well.

A lot of these are the same fans who believe the league is rigged in United's favour, and that only FA corruption has denied them a Premier League title.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=218656.80
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=251182.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've never actually heard a Liverpool fan say 'this is gonna be our year' in a serious manner. It seems to be a myth

who is that chap doing the co presenting on ESPN. Blond hair in cream suit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jason McAteer>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Has anybody got a good stream they could link please?

C'mon the 'Pool! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

There's a reason Liverpool fans are branded delusional. "It's our year" has been the battle cry from your fans before the start of every season of the last ten years, particularly this season, and not only from the fans, from Messyrs Gerrard and Carragher as well.

A lot of these are the same fans who believe the league is rigged in United's favour, and that only FA corruption has denied them a Premier League title.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=218656.80
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=251182.0

?!? Why the bejesus are you quoting things from another website and complaining about it here?

The way you talk about it you'd swear being a pool fan rids us of our individuality as human beings. Funnily enough we don't get indoctrinated into having the same opinions when we become fans...

you are painting everyone with the same brush.

i don't think i, or any fan i know, has ever said that in all seriousness at all.

Stevie and Carra have never said 'it's going to be our year' they say stuff like 'we have a chance if we keep playing as we are', or 'we need to keep winning and see if Utd slip up', or if it's the start of the year they might say 'we have the quality in our squad to make a real push.'

it's a complete myth that we think we're going to win the league every year.

liverpool fans are among the most pessimistic i know.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I've never actually heard a Liverpool fan say 'this is gonna be our year' in a serious manner. It seems to be a myth

http://www.football.co.uk/liverpool/gerrard_-_this_should_have_been_our_year_rss280501.shtml

• Advertisement

Rockee wrote: »
    Has anybody got a good stream they could link please?

C'mon the 'Pool! :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63657765&postcount=478

From your description alone... Don Johnson???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jesus lads, its a match day thread, can ye not talk about this is in the Rafa haters thread? Im all for a bit of discussion, but every f*cking thread is being derailed by this Liverpool - United crap and the majority of people are more than sick to the balls of it by now. Please.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ?!? Why the bejesus are you quoting things from another website and complaining about it here?

The way you talk about it you'd swear being a pool fan rids us of our individuality as human beings. Funnily enough we don't get indoctrinated into having the same opinions when we become fans...

The discussion is on Liverpool fans as a whole. The biggest Liverpool forum on the internet is a worthy source.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    you are painting everyone with the same brush.

i don't think i, or any fan i know, has ever said that in all seriousness at all.

Stevie and Carra have never said 'it's going to be our year' they say stuff like 'we have a chance if we keep playing as we are', or 'we need to keep winning and see if Utd slip up', or if it's the start of the year they might say 'we have the quality in our squad to make a real push.'

it's a complete myth that we think we're going to win the league every year.

liverpool fans are among the most pessimistic i know.

I'm not tarring everyone, I said "a lot", not "all". And see the link I posted for Gerrard's comments.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Jesus lads, its a match day thread, can ye not talk about this is in the Rafa haters thread? Im all for a bit of discussion, but every f*cking thread is being derailed by this Liverpool - United crap and the majority of people are more than sick to the balls of it by now. Please.

QFT.

apologies; i'm easily sucked in. :)

as i say, anything but a comfortable win and very good performance will be a disappointment.

a win is paramount though, first and foremost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Talk about the game and nothing else or there will be infractions for OT posting.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Evening everyone,

C'mon Liverpool, we really need the 3 points today

Early free from Aurelio just wide. Glen johnson break down left, chip just wide of far post and then Gerrard low shot saved by keeper at right post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Good chance from Gerrard there. Overall, playing well so far

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement